Author Topic: App Locking not locking apps  (Read 14474 times)

REDACTED

Re: App Locking not locking apps
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 09:20:58 AM »
Same here. Upgraded to Android 5.1.1 on OnePlusOne and app locking stopped working.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 10:37:49 AM »
Seems to be a 5.1.1 issue, found similar post on the web with people testing different app lock programs.
The solution is to enable a feature which isn't added to avast yet.
In settings -> Security -> "Apps with usage access" and then enable the app lock program. Avast is not listed there yet.
Guess we have to wait for an update from avast.

Good find, yes seems that there is no manual method to add avast to that list.
That may indeed fix the issue.
Hopefully Avast will investigate this, and roll out an update.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »
I think to fix this issue is using tricks from Radek Zimmermann

Hello,
we apologize for this Samsung specific issue. On Samsung devices we can't open correct Settings screen.

Pls,
1) Go to the Settings -> General -> Security -> Apps with access to usage data
2) Tap the "Avast Mobile Security" checkbox
-> "Allow access" pop-up is shown
3) Tap "OK"
-> "Avast Mobile Security" checkbox is checked and you can go to the Avast Mobile Security app and set App Locking

Hope I'm not wrong in this one.

Offline Radek Zimmermann

• Avast team
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »
Seems to be a 5.1.1 issue, found similar post on the web with people testing different app lock programs.
In settings -> Security -> "Apps with usage access" and then enable the app lock program. Avast is not listed there yet.

Good find, yes seems that there is no manual method to add avast to that list.
That may indeed fix the issue.
Hopefully Avast will investigate this, and roll out an update.

We apologize for this App Locking issue on Lollipop devices. In these days we roll out new AMS version (4.0.7894, 4.0.7895) with this fix.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
yes i have the same issue with LG G4 and bought premium espcially for this function so bit of a bummer....

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 10:37:54 PM »
Radek?
Any ETA? We are still waiting for fix.
Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:55 AM »
Resolved by recent Avast Mobile Security update coyple of days ago.

Offline Radek Zimmermann

• Avast team
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »
Resolved by recent Avast Mobile Security update coyple of days ago.
Yes, we released new version (4.0.7898) with this fix to full scale couple of days ago.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 01:55:52 AM »
Hi I have a similar issue with Samsung Galaxy 5. Running 5.0.2.   I can set app locker up and set a number of apps to be locked but it only asks for my password on the first app I open.  After I put my password in it then allows me to open all password protected apps until I turn the app locker off and on again in avast app locker settings.  Can anyone help?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 07:23:38 AM »
Hi,

that's how it should work. It should ask for your PIN only once and then remain unlocked until you lock your device/turn the screen off. The idea is if you know the PIN the first time, you just know it while you have the device in your hands and there is no need to ask you all the time.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 06:04:28 AM »

Sadly, I purchased their Mobile App. I just had the worst customer experience while trying to get the issue of enabling usage access for Avast on Lollipop (Android 6.0) with a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 5. You'd think they have US support and someone who can understand enough English to respond to understanding what the issue that one is attempting to explain.

Avast is not listed in the Apps with Usage Access list on the mobile device. Even after giving Avast full permissions via the App drawer App locking on the Avast app still does not work. It's now 2017 and the Avast Mobile App seems is still not updated to work properly.

Has anyone had any luck in resolving this issue this year (2017) or found a workaround?
Also, does anyone know how to get a refund?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 06:11:57 AM »
There are many people at the avast support department that understand English better than many US/UK people :)
What is your ticket ID and when did you created the ticket ?

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 06:42:02 AM »
Thank you for your response. Yes, you are most likely correct about the English speaking folks but it was not so with whom ever I spoke with. My ticket was for today and the number is Ticket ID: [#717050]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:47:54 AM by J9128 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 06:52:56 AM »
Ok, now have some patience.
avast is handling tickets within 1-5 business days.
Depending if there are holidays, how busy it is etc.

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 02:24:39 AM »
Alright, thank you Eddy.

Also, in the meantime I also wanted to mention on the unsuccessful lengthy call, the call center had me try to use GoToAssist Corporatae by Citrix. The App installs but when you are asked to enable/install the plugin to share your mobile screen, that plugin is no longer found in the Google Play Store, so although they claim a solution; it is not a viable one.

On my own I used ADB to try to enable the App locking feature via the 'Apps with usage access' setting on the phone and there is still no Avast entry listed on the phone in the 'Apps with usage setting'.

Hopefully, tech or dev can get this issue resolved soon. This mobile security App is nice as most Avast products are. It'd be a shame to not have the bugs worked out for Android 6.0 and 7 beta.