Author Topic: Acess to "secured" area?  (Read 1824 times)

REDACTED

Acess to "secured" area?
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:00:09 PM »
O.K.
Here is my probem in a "nutshell."
I have "Avast!" installed on a second computer.  Whenever, I try to install a new program on that computer; browser like "Mozilla Firefox."  I get an interruption message from Avast! advising me that Avast! "hardened mode" just protected my computer.  Connected with this message is a "prompt" with the message "add an exclusion." Clicking on this hyper-link leads to a fill-in-format  asking for my "password".  No matter what password I enter(Avast! or other), the response is the same WRONG PASSWORD.  Any suggestions as to what password the program is asking for would be appreciated]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:38:11 PM by Francis2 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Acess to "secured" area?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 08:36:02 PM »
Please change the font-type to a normal one so we can read it.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »
Eddy, If you can not read messages that incorporate BBC codes, then why are they shown?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
There are lots of fonts available, it doesn't mean that you have to use them.

The whole point of bold text it to make it stand out from the other text when everything is bold, not only it doesn't stand out it actually makes it harder to read a big block of black.

Hardened mode isn't enabled by default, so it looks like you have made changes to the default settings. Hardened mode also has two strengths Moderate and Aggressive, but you don't say which you have it set.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security