Author Topic: Help interpreting: "Account Notification - SIM card or phone number update" ?  (Read 1266 times)

REDACTED

Hi

First-time poster here. Four months ago I dropped my phone in the snow. It was declared totally damaged by the insurance; they kept the phone and I got a nice wad of money instead. I marked the phone as lost in the Avast! control center.

Now, a few weeks ago I got a notification email: "avast! Account Notification - SIM card or phone number update", stating that IMSI number and the phone number had been changed. I logged in, and can see that, in fact, the phone number is now some different (but still danish) phone number. There's also a notification stating that "an untrusted sim is present in the phone"...

Though I'm fairly tech-knowledgeable, I'm not entirely what this means? Has the phone (or parts of it) been salvaged - and is now in use? And is my data, that was on the phone (which I presumed totally damaged) in jeopardy...?

I should add, that I can't seem to contact the phone from the control center, and there's also a notification stating that no location data can be gotten.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.