Author Topic: exclusions (hardened mode) not being saved?  (Read 4508 times)

REDACTED

exclusions (hardened mode) not being saved?
« on: April 03, 2015, 04:26:03 PM »
Hi guys,

I have 3 windows 7 machines that run in our shipping dept. I had to add exclusions for several programs to run, including the backup agent on those computers. I have had to go in and re-add those exclusions a few times. the most recently this morning. I will keep a closer eye on it to see if/when it happens again. What made me notice is that my backups fail if the exclusion for the backup agent is not present.  I am unsure if what may be causing the exclusions to disappear.  thoughts? thanks!

-jon

dang it. my bad. i just saw the earlier thread about having to transpose the exlusions back to the server to get them to stick on the clients that have them.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:28:30 PM by Jonmesser33 »

REDACTED

Re: exclusions (hardened mode) not being saved?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:42:49 PM »
dang it. my bad. i just saw the earlier thread about having to transpose the exlusions back to the server to get them to stick on the clients that have them.

Where is that thread? I can't locate it by searching for "exclusions".

I'm doing some preliminary testing with Avast Business. The (file path) exclusions I set up in the Admin Console are not being delivered to the clients.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 05:42:36 PM »

Where is that thread? I can't locate it by searching for "exclusions".

I'm doing some preliminary testing with Avast Business. The (file path) exclusions I set up in the Admin Console are not being delivered to the clients.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=165768.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 02:49:38 AM »
I'm having this same problem with a software in my network storage drive. I've got it listed in the exclusions in the server, but it does not seem to stick when the computer/devices boots up. The other items in the exclusion list work fine as they are located on the local computer/device. I'm guessing that maybe my problem might stem from the fact that network storage drives are often not immediately visible during boot-up?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:11:51 AM by P-chu »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
Update: Mr. Sigmon has been working with me on my particular problem, and I thought I pass on a little tidbit that he has touched upon:
"A check is done when the exclusions is added and if the full path with file name doesn't exist, the exclusions is ignored."