Author Topic: How To Allow a File From Alert/Warning Box??  (Read 5286 times)

REDACTED

How To Allow a File From Alert/Warning Box??
« on: April 04, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »
i am Trying to Install auto Hotkey but i am unable to do that. everytime i run it Avast shows me warning That suspicious Item Detected and To Fix this i think the only way is to add this file in Exception. Before avast i use the MSE antivirus which have Three option when it detect an Suspicious File (Quarntine, Delete, Allow). But in Avast Their is No ALLOW Option (and This Option i Think is Important). So how i fix this now. that annoying ALret Just Keep Popping . i want To Allow this File (Virus Type). How i Do this...  i Don't See Any Allow Option in Avast Detection Box.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:21:02 PM by FûřqÄ…Å„ »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: How To Allow a File From Alert/Warning Box??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 04:32:34 PM »
The real question you should ask yourself is why to allow a keylogger ?
They are considered to be malware!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »
That Keylogger is an example just to make my Question More Understandable (by Showing that Allow Option) .  ??? See what avast is Detecting (in image). Avast is Saying that it's a Suspicious File (Not a Virus , also i scan that file on Virtotal , Nothing Found). Now i want to install that Autohotkey Software( and i 'm sure you know about this Soft). But avast Keeps saying it's Suspicious.
So why don't Just add Somekind of settings for Advance user in avast Settings (Like By Enabling That setting by Going into avast Settings tab , avast add an new Option in Warning Box which is called ALLOW, which means By Default That allow Option is not Showing/Disabled , so other Noob users are safe Too)..
avira etc other antivirus have such Options (like Ignore etc). but avast not have it. and avast detect Many Legit and Clean Files suspicions. it's really annoying to install such file which avast saying is Suspicious.. 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
If you close the drop down menu on the picture, what is written in the blue link behind it .... i can only see one letter  e

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:03:23 PM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 05:07:36 PM »
i Know what it says. i reported many files , but none of them get fixed (Autohotkey is one of them).. and Also you have to wait a-lot for the fix.. and what if person don't have Internet access (Like most of my friends don't have internet access ) then this antivirus is useless to them . because if Definition not got updated then you will always get that Suspicious warning every-time and you won't be able to install that Clean / Legit Software...  And Also Internet access is Compulsory To Submit False Positive. -_-
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:09:24 PM by FûřqÄ…Å„ »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »
i Know what it says.
i dont, that is why i ask .....
but from your answer i assume it is something about reporting it to virus lab

Avast Antivirus 2015: How to exclude certain files, programs, or websites from scanning
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB168#artTitle

You may need to reboot after adding for it to work

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »
i try to install a Software and software extract 3,4 files . all files are suspicious . Now i have to add all these files (or other method is disable antivirus temp) in excluded/exception List manually. Don't You Think it's Annoying.. ? -_- What if suspicious files are 10,20 (or More). every time i disable antivirus to make those files work or add them in exclude/exception list manually... -_-

(File Clean) (Avast Blocking Clean File than what's the point of using it  -_- )
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d6af49eb91280c93641619f8f2bdc285245e2566d76801fc688610f9bace53c1/analysis/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:30:48 PM by FûřqÄ…Å„ »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »
<snip>
(File Clean) (Avast Blocking Clean File than what's the point of using it  -_- )
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d6af49eb91280c93641619f8f2bdc285245e2566d76801fc688610f9bace53c1/analysis/

The VT Results reflect an on-demand scan - this doesn't include elements that are checked during an on-access scan such as checking against the avast cloud, nor does it do the deep screen check, etc. etc. I also believe that would also include its location on the system and given what is shown on your image that could well be a consideration in the Evo-Gen [Susp] alert (Suspicious, not necessarily a positive malware detection).

Avast has long since opted not to make things easy to exclude (single click action) to prevent accidentally allowing malware to run. That is why the exclusion requires a deliberate act.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 07:15:12 PM »
Looks Like You Haven't Read All my Comments..   ???
Anyway Thanks For No Help. Uninstalled AVAST , and now i am Happy..
And Also Suddenly My PC started Giving me BSOD (and this started after installing avast).
Never Gonna Use This Software Again...
Bye..    :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »
I was replying to what I quoted (why VT may give a contradictory response to an on-access scan) not to everything that you had done.

Good luck in your travels.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 08:25:41 PM »
Looks Like You Haven't Read All my Comments..   ???
Anyway Thanks For No Help. Uninstalled AVAST , and now i am Happy..
And Also Suddenly My PC started Giving me BSOD (and this started after installing avast).
Never Gonna Use This Software Again...
Bye..    :)

With all due respect, could it be possible that your BSOD's are the result of you opening infectious files?
Not once did you supply any particulars concerning the files. File path? What software you were accessing?
Any other security software you have now or ever had?

Too many loose ends to suit me. We can't help unless you want the help.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 08:58:53 PM »
Fûřqąń,

keyloggers are always (at least) suspicious, there is nothing to fix for avast since they are detected correctly.

I don't know what other files you have submitted, but it can very well be that they are detected correctly too and that there is nothing to fix.
and what if person don't have Internet access (Like most of my friends don't have internet access ) then this antivirus is useless to them . because if Definition not got updated then you will always get that Suspicious warning every-time and you won't be able to install that Clean / Legit Software
They can always go to a place with internet (school, library, neighbors, cyber café etc) and download the latest updates and install them at home.
What if suspicious files are 10,20
Well, why not stop using suspicious software.