Author Topic: Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in + profile  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Baz8755

Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in + profile
« on: April 05, 2015, 11:27:59 AM »
Hi,

Over the past couple of months I have been getting issues with my windows 8.1 PC, which until then had been trouble free.

The first issue I started experiencing was that randomly when logging in it would give me a default profile, logging out and in would solve this issue although when it has happened I have restarted a drive image to ensure no lasting effects. This has happened 2 or 3 times over the past few months.

However yesterday I got 'The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported'. Again I have restored a drive image but something must have changed, ie corruption, M$ patch, A/V etc to cause these events to start occurring. Strangley enough prior to this event Avast had produced a popup stating that Acrobat needed updating but I was unable to click the window as it said Avast was not responding, following that event the PC was turned off and not used for a few hours, that is when the Group Policy issue occured.

I am at a loss for ideas as to the cause or solution and wonder if it could be Avast related.

Baz
Windows 8.1, i7 12GB RAM 500GB SSD, Avast Free