Author Topic: Unable to exclude .pob file from standard scan  (Read 2794 times)

metacipher

Unable to exclude .pob file from standard scan
« on: October 14, 2005, 05:07:43 PM »
First, love the product, I have thankfully weaned 4 of my client sites off of Norton and McAfee and put them on system wide Avast. So much easier and effective.

My problem is one of my clients is using Pro 4.x and trying to print a document from some tax software. She is able to print but she always receives an error saying "Unable to open serialized file "[file path]/[tmp filename].pob"

I go to the Standard Scan option and the .po? is listed in the default list of extensions and considered a dangerous extension. So I tried going to the advanced tab and adding everything I could think of. I'm thinking one of two things...

either adding extensions or paths in the advanced tab doesn't fix my problem or Avast is disrupting the print process on a different file. If I disable Avast all together I don't receive any errors.

How do I keep Avast from scanning .pob files?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Unable to exclude .pob file from standard scan
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
In the standard Shield, Customize.... , Advanced 1. Add 2. Enter the file type to be excluded, I have used the wildcard *.pob, you could be more specific by giving the path to the folder where these are and then *.pob this would be less of a risk if as you say po? is in the files that are scanned. 3. Click the return or enter key to complete the addition of the new exclusion.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Unable to exclude .pob file from standard scan
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 05:24:10 AM »
Maybe you have to boot after adding the extension to the exclusion list...
The best things in life are free.