Other > Viruses and worms

Virus Help

(1/1)

dot:
Hi I am having trouble cleaning my system of viruses. I have attached a a hijackthis log file and startup list. Please advise me on what I need to do.
Thanks
Dot

FreewheelinFrank:
Hi dot,

gebya.dll is a nasty. You need to fix these entries with HijackThis, reboot into safe mode and delete the file.

O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {8DBF02DA-4360-4A7E-BEA1-347B87816327} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebya.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: gebya - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebya.dll

See if this works. If not, we will have to take stronger measures!

DavidR:
Rather than jump straight in with hijack logs it would have been better to give us some information of the viruses and your system. Not to mention we have to effectively download your log file.

Please Help us to Help you In order to help fully we need more information....
- What OS are you using? is it up to date?
- What avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number, e.g. 0436-4 (see about avast!)
- What was the virus name, what was the filename, where was it found
  example (C:\windows\system32\infected-filename.xxx)?
- What actions have you taken to try and resolve the problem?

Also useful as a diagnostic tool - Download HiJackThis.zip - HJT Information HiJackThis Tutorial 1 or HiJackThis Tutorial 2
For an on-line analysis - HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis
Ignore any 023 reference to avast processes, this is a hiccup in the HJT 1.99.1 (especially missing file entry for avast), if you need any help with any of the analysis let us know.
OR HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis 2

Re Franks post, you may have to disable system restore since one of the said problems is in a system folder and may end up in the system volume information folder as a restore point.

Edit: Running two AVs at the same time doesn't give twice the protection, just twice the potential for conflict.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version