Author Topic: VPN license not being accepted  (Read 4451 times)

REDACTED

VPN license not being accepted
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
When I updated my free Avast last night - there was no vpn tab on there.

I downloaded the trial vpn this morning and tried to use my license - it came back with "your subscription has been cancelled" - I phoned customer support and they wanted to remote log on to my computer - bit fishy, but I let them in - the tech claimed it was problems with my windows7 and said they could fix it for $180 - I told the guy to get off the phone.

There is something amiss here and no way to resolve it - I have a two year subscription purchased in Dec 2014.

Has anybody else had this problem?

REDACTED

Re: VPN license not being accepted
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 09:46:35 PM »
When I asked for a copy of my license to be sent to my email I got this response in the email:

"1. Please make sure you have installed Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security, or Avast Premier on your computer."

Have they changed the conditions for the VPN - the paid subscription only works on the paid antivirus and Avast Internet Security??

Bogus   - I have submitted a ticket - no response saying I've submitted one yet.

I'll give it two days and then request a charge back on my credit card - I don't have time for this kind of aggravation.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 11:16:09 PM »
Have you already checked if VPN is installed ?
Control panel > software > avast > change

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:35:14 AM »
I just clicked on the license file again - this time it accepted the license...and now I have VPN. which is good, but bad from the point of view that something at Avast was not working right.

Grr..

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 04:21:03 PM »
Ok, I admit it, my Gremlin escaped and got wet ;D
But serious, good to hear it is working now.
Don't be to hard on avast.
Nothing is perfect and a glitch can happen.  ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 06:11:35 PM »
Ok, I admit it, my Gremlin escaped and got wet ;D
But serious, good to hear it is working now.
Don't be to hard on avast.
Nothing is perfect and a glitch can happen.  ;)

I wouldn't have been too hard on them Eddy if the support tech had not claimed the problem was at my end and wanted $180 to fix the issue - those guys need to be fired for trying to pull that kind of stunt - I'm guessing that Avast has outsourced their tech support to India or some place that a way.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 07:08:06 PM »
As has been explained many times it is indeed a third party company.
Real and good help from avast can be found on this webboard and through the ticket system.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 07:22:27 AM »
I wouldn't have been too hard on them Eddy if the support tech had not claimed the problem was at my end and wanted $180 to fix the issue - those guys need to be fired for trying to pull that kind of stunt - I'm guessing that Avast has outsourced their tech support to India or some place that a way.
Report your experience to Vojta Nekvapil: nekvapil[at]avast.com (3rd Party Support Manager)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0