Author Topic: Secureline timing out on lots of websites  (Read 3076 times)

REDACTED

Secureline timing out on lots of websites
« on: April 08, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »
I've been using Secureline for a while without problems. After moving house, however, Secureline is not loading the majority of websites - typically I receive a message that the connection has timed out. This is not a uniform problem - there are still a few that work fine. Is there a reason why certain websites won't load or anything I can try to do to fix this?

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Secureline timing out on lots of websites
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:05:42 PM »
Hi czajkowa,

We haven't heard of SecureLine timing out on certain sites before.  Do you have a good internet connection in the new location or any firewall provided by your ISP that might be slowing down your connection?

Could you share some of the sites?  Also, please send your log file.  It can be found by going to C:  Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log.  It is the secureline.txt file.

Best regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »
I have the same problem, especially with steam. I can log on, and download updates, but i can`t access the steam store or logon Robocraft from freejam.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »
Hi czajkowa,

We haven't heard of SecureLine timing out on certain sites before.  Do you have a good internet connection in the new location or any firewall provided by your ISP that might be slowing down your connection?

Could you share some of the sites?  Also, please send your log file.  It can be found by going to C:  Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log.  It is the secureline.txt file.

Best regards,

Davidek

Hi Davidek,

Thanks for your response. Essentially, the only websites I've found that will work when I've connected to Avast Secureline are Gmail and Facebook. Everything else times out (after a fairly short wait, I should add).

Regarding the logfile - if I go to' Program Data', 'Avast Software', 'Avast', I have no Log file within that (only two files: log.dll and log64.dll), nor a secureline.txt file in that general 'Avast' file. Apologies if this is something obvious that I am missing!

My new location has excellent service and as far as I know there's no firewall provided by my ISP which could be causing this problem.