Author Topic: Windows 10 keeps rebooting with the free business version installed!  (Read 4759 times)

REDACTED

I can't get Avast to run stable on Windows 10 64 bit. Also, Please link the business and my Avast dashboards together. It is very cumbersome trying to search for the free business dashboard when you are logged in with same credentials as your home dashboard.

REDACTED

Re: Windows 10 keeps rebooting with the free business version installed!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »
which build of win10? what hardware? what options enabled? what 3rd party apps? I am running on windows 10 and have not had a single issue to date. even through the update from build 9926 to 10041

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »
Avast was the only thing installed after installing Windows 10. No additional apps installed. Basically right out of the box installation after all current updates applied to Windows 10.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 09:07:14 PM »
Avast was the only thing installed after installing Windows 10. No additional apps installed. Basically right out of the box installation after all current updates applied to Windows 10.

hmm...well, not sure i can help much. when the machine reboots. does it crash? bluescreen? just reboot as if it was hardware reset? what happens? oh and just for the record. windows 10 is not officially supported as of yet, seeing as how its still not even beta yet.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:08:41 PM »
Windows 10 gives your the blue screen with a smilley face saying we need to send an error report and will reboot in 30 seconds or so. It also says check the Kernal log file for the error.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
Windows 10 gives your the blue screen with a smilley face saying we need to send an error report and will reboot in 30 seconds or so. It also says check the Kernal log file for the error.

not sure what to tell you on this one. im just an end user also. there is this other thread though about win 10. might check it to see if it gives you any ideas. https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=168292.0

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 11:08:31 PM »
Here is the screen that comes up every time after I have Avast business free version installed. It seems to conflict with Windows Defender in Windows 10. I have even disabled Windows Defender completely, but Avast still does not like it and performs a deep scan on Defender and then gives me the blue screen of death.