Author Topic: Grime Fighter was done and rebooted it won't go to windows 8 goes to sleep.  (Read 20657 times)

REDACTED

I turned on the laptop this morning and there was the Grime Fighter screen!  I waited for the "Houston, we have a problem screen, but it never appeared."  I Esc and chose the F12 option that took me to the Boot Manager screen with the Windows boot option highlighted.  I hit enter and was able to login to Windows. 

I noticed an Avast icon in the box at lower right.  I touched it and a notice said, "Thank you for installing Avast!"  It suggested that I activate, but I declined. 

Attached are .jpg screenshots of Setup, Boot Manager, and the Avast! files directory now on my laptop.

REDACTED

If anyone is still experiencing a perpetual reboot to Grimefighter, please allow Grimefighter to boot all the way to the prompt for starting a scan or logging in, there is an update that will try to fix the issue, Grimefighter will only download this update if it has internet.  It is not necessary to run a scan, only to boot into the Grimefighter application.

REDACTED

Wow!  Thanks a lot, Ocotillo.  My Dell Inspiron 17 is using Window 8.  I will try your suggestions when I get home from work and let you know what success I have.   :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You are life saver! AVAST is so crappy though.

REDACTED

Re: Grime Fighter was done and rebooted it won't go to windows 8 goes to sleep.
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 01:13:36 AM »
I'm on windows 10. Woke up and grimefighter was on and goes into sedation and won't allow me to do anything.  On top of that I never even bought grimefighter  to begin with

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 02:25:56 AM »
I should also mention is it goes 5o black screen immediately after sedate green bar fills up

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 09:58:48 AM »
I had this isue on Windows 10. The technician I spoke to said it was a W10 compatibility problem and they were receiving 30-40 calls per day. They now knew how to resolve it but at a cost! In view of othe posts citing W8.1 and even W7 having the same problem, well make up your own mind as to where the fault lies!
I declined.
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite. Presss F12 repeatedly on restart. Boot menu shows up. I downloaded the Windows 10 media creation tool onto a usb stick from another computer. I chose not to reinstall my original files as I suspected Grimefighter may be resident. A "clean" version of Windows will be installed, but you'll lose all your old files. This shows the value of keeping a regular back up using a File History drive, as I'm now almost back to my original setup minus Avast. I'm sure Avast is a good programme but I've now had 2 different compatibility problems and will let my licence lapse without using it again.
By the way, do a deep search to see if Grimefighter is still lurking!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »
https://www.avast.com/en-us/total-support

If that is the number you called, that guy should be fired.
He should have told you to update avast to the latest version.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=179656.0

He should never have offered to help for a price.
Help for avast is free of charge.

well make up your own mind as to where the fault lies!
The question is why you didn't kept your system up-to-date and why don't you know that GrimeFighter has been gone for over 4(!) months already.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 12:48:12 AM »
I tried to upgrade to widows 10, I got frustrated and went back to windows 8.1.  Avast grimefighter not windows would boot up.  I am using a Toshiba computer and was able to by pass grimefighter and boot with the regular Windows boot.  I used the Ocotillo's April 15 post to delete the grimefighter boot, and now everything is back to normal.  Thanks for the help. 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 09:41:34 AM »
Bob

there is no GrimeFighter anymore.
GrimeFighter has been gone for over 4(!) months.