Author Topic: Please help us testing new expiremental feature: One-click Force stopping apps  (Read 8826 times)

REDACTED

Hi,
we've released new version of Avast Battery Saver.
It has new experimental feature of one-click force stopping apps.
To activate it, please go to your phone's settings -> Accessibility -> Services and enable Avast Battery Saver.
Now you can stop applications one-click.
Please let us know, if everything works fine for you.

Kind regards,
Avast Battery Saver team.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Well, a must have feature... Let me test :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Hi Lisandro, do you have any feedback on this? Does it work well for you?

Thanks

Ondra

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
1. For me it is not a "single click" as the button opens the app settings and I need to wait Android calculates a lot of info and free the "kill" button when it is possible. I know root is involved...

2. I don't have a whitelist/blacklist. I do agree that killing app is not the way to save battery. The intelligence behind the battery app should be in the developer hands (and not the common user).

We can talk by email if it is more comfortable because I think there are 3rd party tools that do a good job in this field.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
1. So the Force stop button is not enabled immediatelly, so we actually fail to click it, even with the Accessibility service enabled?

2. Stay tuned.

If you want, drop me an email to cermak@avast.com

Thanks

Ondra

Offline serendip80

I decided to try the battery saver. It puts up a notification that can't be swiped away, and it keeps insisting that i should close the couple of dozen apps "wasting" my battery, so i decided to give it a try. My Bluetooth connection to my Pebble no longer stays on. I can no longer use voice input for messaging and typing, as the voice features turns off almost as soon as it is turned on. My selected wi-fi defaults are no longer in effect - the defaults show up at the top of the list, but they no longer are connecting automatically. I removed the battery saver, but most of the best functions of the phone no longer work. Uh... may i say, i HATE this "feature"!!!

Offline besr_chile

apps stopping is not working for me.
When  select kill the apps button a rappid sucesión of listing of all runings app is show with an advice to enable the acesibility part of abs.
The accesibility part of avast after a restart or power off of the phone allways was requesting to be enabled,t was enabled from before, but disable it and enable it made it work, with the latest updateis not working anymore

REDACTED

I enabled it, but since upgrading to Android 7.0/Nougat, avast! never recognizes that I ever have any apps open; and no, the apps are not in my "Allowed Apps" list.

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
hi,
there is actually such a feature. Go to Tools tab and tap Allowed apps and edit it as you want. Those apps are omitted from being stopped by Battery Saver.

Regarding Android 7 - there is so far no easy way how to stop apps, but we try to find a solution.