Author Topic: Avast destroyed my laptop  (Read 1472 times)

REDACTED

Avast destroyed my laptop
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:46:37 PM »
Needed antivirus; hubby recommended Avast.  Thought I was getting a bargain purchasing 3 years' worth of the Premier product.  Hah!  Tried to log on to my computer today and get an endless loop of "Avast Grimefighter is anesthetizing your computer" to another page telling me my Windows is either nonexistent or encrypted, to reboot to get back to Windows - rinse, lather, repeat.  I can't do anything with it without Avast wanting more money - what the hell was the $99 you charged for?!?  I am only hoping that our IT guy at work can save the laptop, otherwise I'm out $700+ to buy a replacement.  I will be uninstalling all Avast software from the laptop if he can help me get back in so I can do that, and from my phone as well.  I want a FULL refund to my credit card IMMEDIATELY.  I WILL be contesting the charge when I see it go through.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast destroyed my laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 07:08:40 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0