Author Topic: Realtime Shields Off, Device is Safe in Control Panel  (Read 3316 times)

REDACTED

Realtime Shields Off, Device is Safe in Control Panel
« on: April 16, 2015, 05:52:04 AM »
Hi everyone

I am evaluating Avast! for Business as a replacement for FortiClient at our customer sites....and I am liking what I see very much!

One issue I have seen a couple of times now is the client machine Avast! control panel with a status of yellow... "Some of your real-time shields are off", but the client is showing up as green in the cloud control panel and reporting "Device is safe"

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Thanks,

Joel

REDACTED

Re: Realtime Shields Off, Device is Safe in Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 11:01:46 PM »
Hello Jimnz,

I had this issue once before and ended up having to run an "Avast" repair on the endpoint device. You can do this from the Control Panel>Programs and Features. Right click Avast and select "change" it will then bring up the "Avast Business Security Setup", you will then select repair. Done!

Hope this helps.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 01:26:44 AM »
Hi Carlos

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have password protected the client, so I found that when I logged into the client I could click the option to enable all shields, which worked fine, but that defeats the purpose of having a cloud control panel!

I was hoping that my post may alert Avast! people to:
- the fact that this is happening,
- if the client is password protected, the end user cannot resolve it without someone remoting to their machine to enter the password and enable the shields; and
- the cloud control panel was saying everything was ok, which was not an accurate reflection of what the client was reporting

Anyone from Avast! care to comment on this?  Hopefully this information is useful feedback?

Thanks,
Joel

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 08:57:18 PM »
Hi Jmnz,

I've seen the shields turn off if there's an update to the program and needs a restart ( web shield and Firewall usually) But a reboot should fix the issue as far as the client goes.
When this happens restart the Avast Services (avast business console client and avast business console client antivirus service) to see if it will force a reauth and reflect in the portal.

Thanks!

Jeff