Author Topic: Grime Fighter, Windows 8 and @!!!  (Read 4098 times)

REDACTED

Grime Fighter, Windows 8 and @!!!
« on: April 16, 2015, 01:06:04 PM »
Hello
I'm an oldier user of Avast Premier (paid) and Grime Fighter (paid) but wuith Windows 7.
I bought a new PC with Windows 8. Avast run, no problem, I don't use Grime Fighter because it wasn't possible wutih W.8.
But, 2 days ago, I installed a new version of Avast and Grime Fighter for W. 8.
I just installed the new version of avast premier for Windows 8 with grimefighter paid.
But I wanted to run for the first time Grimefighter, and Grimefighter blocks boot windows 8 because the key does not work at sign @ to enter login email address.
So everything is blocked at startup with the home screen grimefighter.
I have tried different key combinations
Alt Gr + @
Ctrl + Alt + @
Alt + 64
What should I do?
thank you
marc

PS: I hope that's the good place in the forum!!

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Grime Fighter, Windows 8 and @!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »
Hi Marc,

Very sorry for this.  I am checking with our Engineering team to see if there is a way to fix this asap.

Many thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:08:01 PM »
I also have the same problem.
I can't use my paid Grime Fighter.
When running and asking me the e-mail address, I can't add @.
If I click on the black stripe above, the stripe goes away and does not write @ to the address.
I have Windows 7 (notebook was Vista originally).

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
Grimefighter ran straight after my Toshiba screen and before my windows screen. It begins the loading bar and all it's fun messages then the screen goes black. I can't use my computer anymore and I know I'm not alone. Please help ASAP

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:35:05 AM »
You are not the only person, try Avast help, they are USELESS, unless you pay them $175

On my Toshiba, I broke the cycle by hitting F12 repeatedly on start-up, then chose my start up.
I have got rid of Grime Fighter

How they can sell a product that claims to FIX issues, that takes total control of your PC is beyond me.

When I phone,  3 times I was told something different, they told untruths, and guess what, they are not Avast, it outsourced. I was told my PC had a malicious program, I suggested that if Internet Security was doing its job, there should be no issues.

I finally had a supervisor from the USA not India, made no difference, just said sorry can't do anything. I have 200 odd days of protection left, then I jump ship

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 08:54:56 AM »
You are not the only person, try Avast help, they are USELESS, unless you pay them $175

When I phone,  3 times I was told something different, they told untruths, and guess what, they are not Avast, it outsourced. I was told my PC had a malicious program, I suggested that if Internet Security was doing its job, there should be no issues.

I finally had a supervisor from the USA not India, made no difference, just said sorry can't do anything. I have 200 odd days of protection left, then I jump ship
Report your experience to Vojta Nekvapil: nekvapil[at]avast.com (3rd Party Support Manager)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »
hold down the key the  on the right of your keyboard with the arrow point up, i think it is the ALT key, and at the same time press the number 2 key, you will then have the @