Author Topic: Grimefighter / Jumpshot issues  (Read 3236 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter / Jumpshot issues
« on: April 16, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »
free Avast tools have been working away for the trial period, laptop running a bit slow but bearable. I check the Avast page and it indicates Grime is present. I take the plunge and purchase 3 years worth of Grime Fighter.

Tried to run it and it gives me a black screen for 12+ hours... I presumed the first run would take some time but not this long.
I reboot and get round the Grime loading part.

Avast still shows Grime present so try again.

12 hours later still a black screen.

I contact support team and I purchase a year of unlimited support to get the issue fixed. Log files indicate a conflict between Avast and Windows security. 2 days later, several calls to the helpdesk and hours of work by Avast technicians I'm told yet again that it's fixed. I look at Avast page, still got Grime, run Grime Fighter, black screen for 3 hours and counting.

Please advise what to do next!!!

6 different Avast technicians have worked on my laptop so far!!

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Grimefighter / Jumpshot issues
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 01:42:17 PM »
Hello Peter,

At this point, it appears that there is a conflict with GrimeFighter and your PC configuration.  I recommend to please open a support ticket and ask for a refund

https://support.avast.com/

Sincere apologies for the frustration this has caused.

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
I asked for a refund and it's been suggested I run CCcleaner.

I did that and reran GF over night (16 hours) and still have a black screen with no indication of anything happening.

I rebooted and GF shows 17 issues to resolve - should I rerun or can I now have a refund?!

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »
Hi Peter,

Please do open a ticket at the link I provided and ask for a refund.  Post the ticket number here and I will ensure it is handled promptly.

Best regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »
Hi,

#BDP-890-16526

thanks
Peter

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 11:29:21 AM »
Hi,

can you please get the Customer Care dept to call me again today, I don't want to rack up call charges on my phone.

thanks