Author Topic: I submitted a ticket without reply for 24 hors  (Read 2499 times)

REDACTED

I submitted a ticket without reply for 24 hors
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:05:17 AM »
I am on the fringe from leaving avast behind.

In our company we have a 10 PC licence regrettfully I purchased it for 3 years, but I am sure our attorneys will get some of the money back.

I entered a ticket yesterday morning, asking for help with a folder that cannot be accsessed due to DeepScreen prohibiting it.
I turned off DeepScreen and put the folder into the Exceptions path to no avail.

No response for 24 hours.
none at all

we cannot send out bills without accsess to our billing program and avast is blocking it even when turned off

My recommendation is to keep away from avast, but probably I am talking to the wrong audience  >:(

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
Re: I submitted a ticket without reply for 24 hors
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »
Tickets are handled first come first serve basis and it takes about a week or two to get a response back.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »
I am on the fringe from leaving avast behind.

In our company we have a 10 PC licence regrettfully I purchased it for 3 years, but I am sure our attorneys will get some of the money back.

I entered a ticket yesterday morning, asking for help with a folder that cannot be accsessed due to DeepScreen prohibiting it.
I turned off DeepScreen and put the folder into the Exceptions path to no avail.

No response for 24 hours.
none at all

we cannot send out bills without accsess to our billing program and avast is blocking it even when turned off

My recommendation is to keep away from avast, but probably I am talking to the wrong audience  >:(

Did you add the folder, or the EXE file(s) and the drivers it maintains to run that program? That means all of those files, not 1 or two.

besides, why would you not want Avast! to do it's job? Obviously it finds it susipicious, it wouldn't be the first time a major company does something that would include shitware. (**Cough** Comodo *Gag**)

Let Avast! do it's job, complete the scan, and then use it, if nothing is wrong, it will let it continue.
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
I added the whole folder as in "f:\path_to_files\* and as it resides on a shared folder on the network I also added \\ip.ad.re.ss\this_path_to_file\*
Why should a exe that has not been modified for months suddenly be suspicious?
Apart ftrom that, if I put a folder into the exceptions it should not be checked.
If I do not have control, I will use a program that gives me control.

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 01:44:06 AM »
I added the whole folder as in "f:\path_to_files\* and as it resides on a shared folder on the network I also added \\ip.ad.re.ss\this_path_to_file\*
Why should a exe that has not been modified for months suddenly be suspicious?
Apart from that, if I put a folder into the exceptions it should not be checked.
If I do not have control, I will use a program that gives me control.

Well, a few shots at this.

1) You have Win32:Vitro/Sality. Long shot, but possible.
2) A VPS Update or Engine Update accidentaly marked it as suspicious. Furthermore, if you ever find a program with a 100% Detection rate (atest threats) with NO FP's what's so ever, let me know :-). PS: You won't ever.

http://imgur.com/r/howto/gobnA4G
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 01:51:50 AM »
Other options:
3) You didn't rebooted after adding the exclusion
4) You do not have the latest avast version installed
5) You have no patience