Author Topic: No scan button  (Read 2417 times)

REDACTED

No scan button
« on: April 18, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
I have installed Avast Mac Security. I would like starting Avast at a certain time and certain day, is it possible? and How?

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: No scan button
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:56:39 AM »
Hello,
  there is no scheduled scan functionality in the Avast at this moment, since the realtime protection should provide sufficient protection. However, if you would like to scan a particular folder periodically, you can setup a task in an external tool (iCal, launchd) that launches Avast (i.e. open -a /Applications/Avast.app /tmp).

Best Regards,
  Martin

REDACTED

Re: No scan button
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:16:08 PM »
Hello,
  there is no scheduled scan functionality in the Avast at this moment, since the realtime protection should provide sufficient protection. However, if you would like to scan a particular folder periodically, you can setup a task in an external tool (iCal, launchd) that launches Avast (i.e. open -a /Applications/Avast.app /tmp).

I tried this with launchd and it's working fine. The problem is to set up the launchd agent. (I used the 'Lingon' application, but it's not free.)

Here's an example plist file to set up a schedule for 13:00 each day of the Download directory.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>Avast scan</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>open</string>
<string>-a</string>
<string>/Applications/Avast.app/Contents/MacOS/Avast</string>
<string>/Users/kenta/Downloads</string>
</array>
<key>StartCalendarInterval</key>
<dict>
<key>Hour</key>
<integer>13</integer>
<key>Minute</key>
<integer>00</integer>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

More info here: https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man5/launchd.plist.5.html
or by googling.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:32:20 PM by Hawkie »