Author Topic: E-mails from Avast to deceased client.  (Read 8376 times)

REDACTED

Re: E-mails from Avast to deceased client.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 11:27:20 PM »
As you see from the above Avast have now resolved the situation and I have received FOUR other apologies from them. However as this has taken three months to get to this stage I am certain this conclusion would not have been reached without the assistance of this forum. My thanks once again to those involved.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 01:10:18 AM »
You're welcome and my condolences on your loss.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 02:11:37 PM »
As you see from the above Avast have now resolved the situation and I have received FOUR other apologies from them. However as this has taken three months to get to this stage I am certain this conclusion would not have been reached without the assistance of this forum. My thanks once again to those involved.

Jean, we are really sorry about all the confusion. We are absolutely right! Without the forum involvement we wouldn't notice that case wasn't considered as resolved from your side. These forum guys are really awesome!
We (in avast support) thought that the case was resolved on January 13 however the confirmation message was lost somewhere. Thank you being so patient and reminding us again.

Quality is also a feature.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »
Jean,

I'm glad to hear it all is solved now.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »
I thought so too but today I have received three more e-mails addressed to my late wife. Not sure anyone in Customer Relations is up to the job as Carlos Borja assured me she had been blacklisted and no further communications would be received. Just a warning to Avast clients once they have your name you will be hounded even beyond the grave!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:25:20 PM by jean65 »

Offline Quiksilver

• Avast team
    • Official Avast Support
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 05:02:36 PM »
I thought so too but today I have received three more e-mails addressed to my late wife. Not sure anyone in Customer Relations is up to the job as Carlos Borja assured me she had been blacklisted and no further communications would be received. Just a warning to Avast clients once they have your name you will be hounded even beyond the grave!

Can you append or attach a sample of these emails? if they're coming from the ticketing system, then that's normal and expected. It is the nature of the beast when streamlining process to better assist everyone involved (automatic processes) it is quite possible that there are other orders still in the system that have not been blocked or blacklisted thus far.
Find answers to your questions via our support page

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »
Anything "automated" come often be quite slow.  I'm certain it will ultimately get resolved (at least I  would sure hope so).  :-\
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
Yet another e-mail to the account of my late wife again today. The idiots who run Avast must be the most crass cretins possible as I have now asked for these to be stopped several dozen times. My advice never ever buy or subscribe to anything from Avast or they will never ever leave you alone even in DEATH. A bunch of totally insensitive fools.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »
Jean,

I'm really sorry to hear that, but is it really from avast or from one of the companies that handle payments for avast ?
Digital River, NexWay ?

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »
Who knows? Do they have no control over their agents then? I have had problems with Digital River elsewhere and also find them an inept organisation. Perhaps they deserve each other!

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »
As an example my last complaint ticket has been e-mailed verbatim to myself and a copy also sent to my late wife I presume for her information! Bunch of hopeless fools.