Author Topic: Cannot send commands!  (Read 2557 times)

REDACTED

Cannot send commands!
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:45:24 AM »
My phones anti theft is no longer working, it says device was last contacted four days ago on the web app, but avast anti theft is still installed! It is also happening on my other device. This started off with an error every time I send a command, the error is "the form cannot be saved, as it contains errors".  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:03:03 AM by badham134 »

REDACTED

Re: Cannot send commands!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:33:08 AM »
I've had a look and it seems to be the settings of my phone, on the web portal that is the place causing the issue. The problem first arose when I attempted to change the settings, and now everytime I attempt to change anything on that page it says "the form cannot be saved, it contains errors". It has crashed the whole portal for me and none of my devices now work. I have paid good money for this and I'm off travelling soon, so I really need this in case my phone is stolen. Help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 11:41:12 AM »
Have you been able to send commands successfully in the past?

Have you tried sending SMS commands instead?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 12:28:22 PM »
It was fine in the past yeah but I changed the settings and from there the problems started! I'm pretty sure it was setting the gps to automatically come on that did it. I haven't tried sms commands, how would I go about that?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en-v2-4-updated.pdf
Read all pages in the manual when you get the chance  ;)
But for now, pages 24-27  ;)

First command I would try sending the ofending phone is:
<pin> LAUNCH

EXAMPLE, if your avast pin is 1234 the sms to send is:
1234 LAUNCH

Is avast or its alias still listed in your phones 'Device Administrators' list? (Settings>Security>Device Administrators)
Do you know your AAT pin? (the pin your created when you installed avast anti-theft)
If the answer to both those questions is 'yes' this should be easy  :-\

Just a side thought, after re-reading your original post... Have you tried loggin-in to avast using a different browser?? "Form contains errors" sounds like a website or browser issue
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:32:04 PM by Spencer10 »