Author Topic: Having trouble installing the Enterprise Administration Console  (Read 2812 times)

REDACTED

I have installed, uninstalled, re-installed different ways but still cannot get logged into the console. Re downloaded from scratch. Tried it on two different machines and yet, it's like the console gets installed but the server does not. The console will not detect the server it's installed on. When I type in the server name (either local name or IP) I get "No connection can be made because the target machine actively refused it". I'm lost

REDACTED

Re: Having trouble installing the Enterprise Administration Console
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »
Have you verified that the "Avast! Enterprise Administration Server" service is running?
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that someone had this problem and they could not get the service to start. They had to independently install SQL Server BEFORE running the AEA installer to get theirs working, if I remember correctly. I'll see if I can find where I read it.

Keep us posted on any progress!

REDACTED

Re: Having trouble installing the Enterprise Administration Console
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »
As Vincent suggested, to make sure the services are running. If they are - use localhost for the server name, and admin for the default password.
If this still doesn't work, try a full uninstall and reinstall with the default settings, and following the prompts to create a new database.