Author Topic: NEW Version: Avast antivirus 2015 R2SP2 (2015.10.2.2218)  (Read 113875 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: NEW Version: Avast antivirus 2015 R2SP2 (2015.10.2.2218)
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »
I had a weird issue after I installed this update and the last. After I had a Blue Screen (unsure if related to Avast), I couldn't get past the Windows Logo screen. According to a diagnostics screen, my boot sector got corrupted.

I updated yesterday running Windows 10 build 10061 and got a bluescreen too: inaccessible_boot_device. Cost me some valuable time. After restoring from the avast restore point, I was able to boot into Windows again.

This is quite ironic too, seeing as the in-program changelog mentions compatibility with Windows 10 ;D
What else are you running ??? No problems here updating on Windows 10 b 10061
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline DCLawyer68

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »
FWIW, I noticed my downloads from sites like Dropbox and Amazon slowing to a virtual halt after the upgrade.  I removed AVAST all together and the problem went away.  I've switched to Panda Free for now as a result.  I really liked AVAST, but didn't know how to "fix" the problem that was obviously created by the upgrade somehow.

Just wanted to pass this along.  Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »
Just did the update today, and had the problem where I was *NOT* offered the option to bypass Google Chrome-- after the reboot, Windows popped up a message saying I had installed a new program that could handle webpages, and lo and behold, Chrome 42 had been installed automatically without my permission. (the normal Avast screen didn't come up at all)

Not cool, Avast. Seems like this bug appears and disappears sort of randomly, but the code should NOT somehow default to "install" if the user is not presented the option. (and no, I didn't "click click click" blindly, I know Avast tries to install it every time, and every time I tell it no)

It's an older PC running Windows 8.1 x64, just windows firewall (nothing else would be blocking web access if needed, etc)...

Now I get to try to remove the pointless Google software updater. Just how I wanted to spend my afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:02:52 PM by Buzzy42 »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »
updated a few days ago and as always, went with no prolems at all. keep up th good work avast team  :)
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

REDACTED

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2015, 08:37:52 PM »
How to send multiple samples from chest, in just one time?
I have to select every sample. Chest let me to send samples one by one.
Any information please?

REDACTED

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2015, 11:05:56 AM »
I have been a long-time user and loyal advocate of Avast! AVS (since 2005), and have adamantly shared the virtues of your services with countless friends, family, and co-workers across two continents. I was always impressed with how much came in such a small - and free - package.

In December 2013, I decided to give myself a Christmas present and bought the Premier subscription.

So far, I have been less than impressed.

The program itself is system-heavy, and the services bloat - and often freeze - my processors. The number of false positives has increased significantly, even sending out repeated alerts on files I have already defined as safe. The engine has progressively become slower to boot with each "new and improved" update.

And now, with this latest version, the program is constantly announcing my system firewall has not started, even though all verifications have shown it to be running smoothly. I have rebooted my computer, and I have turned my firewall off and on again, so the old IT chestnuts are not the issue.

I have a subscription to another vendor's full-service maintenance app, which includes an optional AVS, but I have kept that service from running to avoid definition conflicts, since I still have another 8 months in this Avast! subscription year (had planned to cancel Avast! before it renewed, but missed the date).

The other AVS comes highly rated, and with these increasing issues I am close to just cutting my losses with Avast! and cancelling mid-term. I considered just reverting back to Avast! free, but I am already paying for the other vendor, so common sense prevails.

Thank you, ALWIL and Avast!, for many years of excellent free coverage. Sorry your value for cash isn't as fine.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:51:07 AM by The Cordist »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2015, 01:51:39 PM »
I have been a long-time user and loyal advocate of Avast! AVS (since 2005), and have adamantly shared the virtues of your services with countless friends, family, and co-workers across two continents. I was always impressed with how much came in such a small - and free - package.

In December 2013, I decided to give myself a Christmas present and bought the Premier subscription.

The program itself is system-heavy, and the services bloat - and often freeze - my processors. The number of false positives has increased significantly, even sending out repeated alerts on files I have already defined as safe. The engine has progressively become slower to boot with each "new and improved" update.

And now, with this latest version, the program is constantly announcing my system firewall has not started, even though all verifications have shown it to be running smoothly. I have rebooted my computer, and I have turned my firewall off and on again, so the old IT chestnuts are not the issue.

I have a subscription to another vendor's full-service maintenance app, which includes an optional AVS, but I have kept that service from running to avoid definition conflicts, since I still have another 8 months in this Avast! subscription year (had planned to cancel Avast! before it renewed, but missed the date).

The other AVS comes highly rated, and with these increasing issues I am close to just cutting my losses with Avast! and cancelling mid-term. I considered just reverting back to Avast! free, but I am already paying for the other vendor, so common sense prevails.

Thank you, ALWIL and Avast!, for many years of excellent free coverage. Sorry your value for cash isn't as fine.
This is a help forum. Instead of voicing your complaints, lets spend that same effort in solving the problem. :)
Can you tell us what OS your using ???
Is any part of the other AV installed ???
What other Security programs are installed on your system ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:12 PM »
I installed this latest free version in Windows 10 build 10061. I unchecked Chrome and then chose custom install. I only installed the 3 shields, the browser protection, and the Home Network Security. I unchecked everything else. It's running fine except for one issue. The mail scanning does not seem to work with the Mail and Calendar app. In the statistics it always shows no activity for the mail scanner even though when I send something, the icon spins and the message about being scanned gets inserted into the mail. When retrieving mail, the icon doesn't even spin.

The same thing happens using Outlook 2007.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:53:28 PM by Dch48 »

Offline ultimaninja

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2015, 06:47:01 AM »
Would I be able to use the Full Installer from the download links provided instead of going to cnet for avast antivirus if I were to move to a new computer, but still keeping my current avast account?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2015, 06:59:10 AM »
Would I be able to use the Full Installer from the download links provided instead of going to cnet for avast antivirus if I were to move to a new computer, but still keeping my current avast account?
Sure.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
Ive just this minute noticed that virtualbox and ng isnt running, yet it was set up after the last update, im positive, what gives?

REDACTED

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2015, 05:56:37 PM »

You can usually fix the firewall bug reinstalling over with same version and rebooting, or, going to services and full restart avast, avast firewall. As for the slow down, ive never ever seen anything like that on my pc, ive been using avast premier for years, only problems i ever come across are removing avast issues as it sometimes breaks all the miniports, plus avast not working after system restores, which you cannot blame avast for, its microsofts crappy restore program, that restores old files and merges them instead of removing the complete thing and restoring that application.
Also its defo not system heavy, by far its one of the lightest full security suits on the market.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:03:17 PM by boe323 »

REDACTED

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2015, 06:34:09 PM »
Ive deleted the ng folder and rebooted, still ..the service wont start, it should of detected the missing files and rebuilt itself, the virtualbox service wont auto start now, I never noticed this after installing update, only today I notice. Ill install agaion over the top to see if it fixes it.

REDACTED

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »
Ok, tried to reinstall ng with ngtool avast install, I get error saying my cpu, speed is wrong, my cpu speed is overclocked to 4.7ghz, normal speed 3.7ghz, core i7 4820k. It started this with the latest update.

REDACTED

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »
Seems you must have a typo in the configuration requirements,   CPU speed condition failed, required: 100000Mhz detected: 3700Mhz.
error: CmdAvastInstallWrapper failed, error: 0x00000422, no one runs a cpu at that frequency, wtf avast? Would be nice to get a response from avast, is this deliberate so it doesn't install?, is it typo?, is it a corrupt os or installation? Is it happenening to anyone else? Also makes you wonder if im secure or not.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:09:02 PM by boe323 »