Author Topic: Mac OSX Version anytime soon/ever?  (Read 5951 times)

Offline Paul155

• Tech Monkey
  • I'm just this guy.
Mac OSX Version anytime soon/ever?
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:46:05 PM »
I know this has been asked before, but I thought I would try one more time.

Is there any hope that a Mac OS version will be included in the Avast Endpoint Protection Suite?

REDACTED

Re: Mac OSX Version anytime soon/ever?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:26:53 PM »
It's very, very unlikely.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
Hi Paul,

Avast for Business supports Macs today with cloud based management and a great starting price (free).

Avast EPS product lines will not include Mac support.  Sorry.

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »
Interesting,  a year ago I was told that it was in the works. If there is already a method for management, how hard could it be to integrate it into EPS?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:55:21 AM »
Interesting,  a year ago I was told that it was in the works. If there is already a method for management, how hard could it be to integrate it into EPS?

It would require them to make the changes for the client to communicate to the console, and for the consoles to work with the new client (Mac settings differ greatly).

With that said, the trend seems to be that there is less focus now on the Endpoint Protection products, they are still at v8.x actually so we will wait to see if any further updates come down the line for these products
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 05:35:42 PM »
Avast for business works well.  We will have rolled it out to a test group (about 15 Macs) and it was dead simple to setup/install.

Offline /# Thomas #/

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 07:21:09 PM »
We are having an increasing number of faculty and staff using Mac computers. It is disappointing to hear that Avast has given up Enterprise management of Mac clients. As dsstdf mentioned, it was promised by Avast at one time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:18:51 PM by /# Thomas #/ »