Author Topic: HELP PLEASE BEFORE IS TOO LATE/RAN COMBOFIX DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO  (Read 26228 times)

REDACTED

Re: HELP PLEASE BEFORE IS TOO LATE/RAN COMBOFIX DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »
you have ignored several of my questions, like:

- CHK DSK from Windows all in one is reading 500.00 KB less then CHK DSK from command prompt, shell I still proceed?
- Windows all in one says we should make sure there is no infection, otherwise it will fail. Do you want me to run any other tool before proceeding?
- is the above LINK a VIRUS? I had found on my registry
- remote assistance?

These are some of the questions you ignored. NOW that the WONDER tool from "TWEAKING" has REPAIRED missing parse points, that the tool itself missed, and has run Repair for environmental variables. And I am stuck at step 4 of the Tool, you are telling me to take it to a repair. This is a Repair Forum. And you are dealing with it. This WONDER TOOL you gave me,

HAS MISSED 500.000 KB OF FILES AND RAN A REPAIR BASED ON THE INFORMATION IT GATHERED. NOW I WANT TO REVERT THE STEP 3 WHERE IT ACTUALLY DID SOME CHANGES TO THE MACHINE. which could have been different had it SCANNED ALL THE FILES. I HAD NOT YET REACHED THE POINT OF BACKING UP REGISTRY, NOR DID I DO ANY BACK UP. HOW CAN A 500.000 KB DIFFERENCE NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?

If you want to leave me stuck with this tool half way, fine. Ok

Have a good day, and may God bless you. 19rosh
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:24:48 PM by 19rosh »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 06:43:31 PM »
There is not a problem as I have said small files are being created/deleted all the time

There is no virus that I can see on your system.

The reason I stopped is because you are stating that the tool is rubbish, I disagree but the choice is yours.  At the moment the tool has done nothing bar back up the registry and run chkdsk

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 07:34:42 PM »
@19rosh. Please listen to what essexboy is trying to tell you and follow his instructions carefully - he is probably the best, most experienced person on the internet to be helping you and you are lucky to have assistance from someone like him. There is no need to be rude. Don't panic - just listen. If you do that, your computer problem will be resolved.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:36:29 PM by crapazilla »

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »
Crapazila & ESSEXBOY

I am always, very careful not to be rude to anyone. Even when people may get rude or unfair. And I don't think I have been rude to essexboy. I am very upset with this WONDER TOOL WINDOWS ALL IN ONE, because even each screen you pass, is scary to look at.

YOU TRY AND GO AHEAD AND INSTALL IT, AND RUN FIRST 3 STEPS. UP  TO WHICH THE TOOL ONLY RUNS PRE SCAN,SFC AND CHK DSK. THEN ON 3RD STEP AFTER THE SCAN DON'T FOLLOW THE TOOL'S ADVICE AND REPAIR ANYTHING. BUT YOU WILL SEE HOW THE TOOL HIGHLIGHTS IN RED THAT EVERYTHING THING YOU DO IS VERY IMPORTANT AND POSSIBLY DAMAGING TO YOUR COMPUTER.

HALF OF EACH SCREEN OF THIS TOOL IS ABOUT WARNINGS IN RED. THEN IT SAYS SOMETHING LIKE "IT HASN'T BEEN TESTED IN SOME VERSIONS, BUT STILL YOU MUST USE IT WITH VERY CAUTION, IT MAY BECOME UNBOOTABLE"

NOW , IF YOU HAVE LITLE KNOWLEDGE, AND CAN'T AFFORD ANY OTHER OPTION TO REPAIR, THEN YOU ARE LIKE ME AND 1000'S OF OTHERS WHO ARE STUCK WITH THESE TEACHERS, WHO SIMPLY SAY "OH NO GARANTEES IT WILL WORK"

I HAVE BEEN EXPRESSING DIFFICULTIES AND GREAT DISCONFORT IN USING THIS TOOL BY MYSELF, AND HAVE REQUESTED REMOTE ASSISTANCE THROUGH THIS FORUM BECAUSE AVAST HAS THIS OPTION AVAILABLE. BUT I HAVEN'T GOT A REPLY.

WHAT ESSESBOY IS TRYING TO DO, IS ATTEMPTING TO RESET SOME SETTINGS TO SEE IF THAT WILL SOLVE THE MATTER.

NOW:

TO THE TEACHER - WITH ALL DO RESPECT SIR, AND I AM NOT BEING CYNICAL, EVEN THOUGH I AM WRITTING IN CAPITALS, IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN AS RUDE OR SHOUTING. SHOULD YOU FIRST NOT ASSESS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? AND THEN APPLY THE RIGHT SOLUTION WHICH YOU KNOW IT WILL WORK BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?!

OR YOU JUST GO AROUND TRYING TOOLS AND STEPS JUST LIKE THAT, AND SAY "NO GARANTEES" ? BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT ASSESSED THE MACHINE FULLY AND FOUND OUT THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM.BECAUSE IF YOU KNEW WHAT YOU ARE DOING YOU WOULD RUNS SOME TESTS AND SAY : THIS IS THE PROBLEM, AND THIS IS THE SOLUTION. AND THESE ARE THE ALTERNATIVES, IF THERE ARE ANY?!

AFTER SO MANY LOGS I HAVE SENT YOU, I HAVE TO ASK, AS I HAVE ASKED BEFORE,

WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN IN THE LOGS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS POOR MACHINE? WHICH WANTS TO WORK, HAS BEEN ASKING FOR SOME MEDICATION, AND THE DOCTOR ONLY SAYS: TRY THIS , NO GARANTEES. I AM TRYING TO RESET THIS AND THIS SETTINGS, AND SEE IF IT WILL WORK.

IS THE DOCTOR NOT MEANT TO RUN TESTS AFTER TESTS UNTIL HE KNOWS WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? OR YOU FIND OUT 2 SYMPTOMS, AND YOU GIVE "PARACETAMOL" AND SEND THEM HOME?! 

SONY VAIO NW26M IS STILL YOUNG, AND HAS BEEN FIGHTING TO LIVE FOR A WEEK, BUT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HER. THE EXPERTS CANNOT EVEN LOOK AT HER, WITHOUT HAVING LOOKED AT HER TO PROPERLY ASSESS HER, THEY KEEP TELLING HER TO TAKE "WALL1" AND SAY, THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO FOR HER.

THE OWNER OF SONY VAIO NW26M, HAS LITLE KNOWLEDGE AND DOES NOT KNOW IF "WALL1" WILL WORK. BUT YET, KNOWS THAT "WALL1" HAS SOME DEFECT IN THEIR COMPOSITION, BUT NO ONE ELSE CARES. 

SHE IS ONLY 3 YEARS OLD. AND HAS BEEN ASLEEP OVER 1 AND HALF YEAR. WHAT WILL HAPEN TO HER????

THE DEDICATED AND LOVING MOTHER OF SONY VAIO
19ROSH

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 04:59:58 PM »
Having posting problems on the forum will reply when I get back to my windows 8 system

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 05:18:34 PM »
Ok as I laboriously typed before the forum ate my answer

The no guarantees part refers to the fact that I may not be able to get the system back to normal, nothing else..  I will not promise what may not be deliverable
I have run all the fixes in WAIO on the following systems of mine XP, 7, 8.1, 10Tp   and did not break any of them hence my confidence in the tool

The warnings are in red to ensure that you stop and think and do not go blindly charging in

Your main problem is that permissions are messed up and not at default
When you re-installed you did not do it cleanly but saved the old data hence multiple duplicate folders
Then when you took ownership you increased the errors within the system permissions

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
Email Etiquette Tip - DON'T SHOUT!   http://www.hoax-slayer.com/do-not-use-all-capitals.html

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 07:21:56 PM »
hi essexboy,

Thank you for replying.

When I re-installed it was a year ago and that was a F8 fact restore. All was fine. Even though I switched off the win updates, for 10 months.

I started having these doubled folders the minute I followed the advice of ASKEY127 from tech support guy. Who came telling me that it there was a previous win ULTIMATE on my system, cause the first FRST and the MGA report were showing that. BUT THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN ULTIMATE ON THIS MACHINE. ONLY HOME PREMIUM. IT WAS AFTER I FOLLOWED HIS ADVICE THAT THESE PRBLEMS CAME UP.

HERE

[url][http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1145699-can-u-open-my-thread.html/url]

iT WAS BECAUSE OF HIS BRILIANT ADVICE THAT I HAVE THIS PROBLEMS.

I had to re edit and use the INSERT BUTTON FROM MY IPHONE TO ADD THE URL CAUSE I GOT BLOCKED OUT FROM AVAST WEBSITE FROM MY LAPTOP. I think it may have been cause I just copied and paste the link. Hope now I can log on avast on my laptop
19rosh
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:13:29 PM by 19rosh »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »
WISE REG CLEANER - FOUND OVER 1000 ERRORS, I FIX IT.
I will need to read the full thread, I know both Cookiegal and askey.  They do know what they are doing

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »
Hi

just to keep you updated:

I have uninstalled from registry HKRoot - a folder named .xsc which is the remnant left by Transcribe.exe.

Also, I uninstalled the Java after reading your advice here Re: Meus Logs - - -HEEEEELPPP.

And installed JavaRa.

And, uninstalled the wonder tool from my desktop, because I couldn't sleep. I have my "baby" sleeping next to me, in front of me. I felt it was hurting her, like a worm does.

Thanks
19rosh

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »
I have uninstalled from registry HKRoot - a folder named .xsc which is the remnant left by Transcribe.exe.

How many times do I have to tell you, TO STOP MESSING WITH THE REGISTRY!!!!!

You're making it worse in all likelyhood. I don't normally mess with the registry unless I put a Key there and I'm removing it. (Generally just in run).

VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2015, 06:43:15 PM »
I would tend to agree that a factory reset would be the only realistic option to get the system up and running again.  But.....  You must steer clear of registry cleaners and optimiser programmes otherwise the same problems will return. 

What is the make and model of your laptop

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
Hi Essexboy

The make and model is Sony Vaio NW26M.

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Product Part No.: X15-37379
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00016  match to CD Key data
CD Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -CGKHQ
Computer Name: ROSHNI-VAIO
Registered Owner: ROSHNI
Registered Organization:

Windows Information
Windows 7 Home Premium

Registered Owner: ROSHNI
Registered Organization:

What are the commands to run via cmd prompt to get permissions back to default? Why would a cleaning tool bring back old folders? Under Documents and Settings I have the folder Users. Which is a repeated folder, with 22.5 GB. And it has all users listed under the normal Users folder, with exactly the same size 22.5 GB. With folders like Default, Default User, Users, Guest, Public, I have these folders doubled. Can I delete them?

Thank you
19rosh
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:12:25 PM by 19rosh »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2015, 07:46:06 PM »
What I would recommend is that you copy all pictures/music/documents that you need to a back up CD or USB and then reset to factory condition.  This will remove all extra folders, reset the permissions correctly etc..

Restoring back to factory settings using the HDD recovery utility (F10 at boot) will restore the operating system, all drivers and pre-installed software. You will of course need to restore all personal data and third party software.

For further information follow the link below and type ‘Recovery’ in the search field.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NW26M​/tips-and-solutions

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2015, 11:29:25 PM »
ok. thanks for your time.
19rosh