Author Topic: New Version Blocks Internet  (Read 3172 times)

REDACTED

New Version Blocks Internet
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:59:02 AM »
Just updated my Avast Free to 2015.10.2.2218 on 2 machines.  Both cannot get to the internet.  If i disable shields everything works fine.  Tried repair and clean install after using Avast removal tool.  No help.  Both machines are Win 7 with all updates and default Avast installation.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: New Version Blocks Internet
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 01:49:40 PM »
What firewall do you use ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 01:52:00 PM »
Windows firewall.  Nothing has changed, other than Avast, on both machines.  I have been using Avast for years with no issues.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »
Turned off Windows Firewall.  No help.  Internet still blocked with shields on.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »
Do you get an error when you try to connect ?

Does the troubleshooter indicate the problem

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 04:53:36 PM »
Hello,

Thnx for your bug report. This issue is currently under investigation. We would really appreciate if you can generate a support package (using this tool https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB33 - please don't forget to tick "automatically send to Avast option" and please post here the package ID) and if you could give us a screenshot the problem.

Thank you,
B.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 01:19:10 AM »
I tried to generate a support package with the shields enabled, but it failed and I got an error code 12007.  I then hit generate with the shields disabled and it completed.  I submitted the second report.  I didn't see a package ID.  Can I find that in the report stored on my PC?  A screen shot of the browser error is attached. 

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:07 AM »
Hi,

you can see the package ID at the last step of its creation (Figure VI. here https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB33)

Thanks,
B.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »
I was running Windows 7 Professional (OEM), AVAST Primier was my only Antivirus program. I have Malwarebytes installed, but it only runs on demand by me, the user.  Windows defender is used for my firewall.

I upgraded to the latest AVAST as did this individual and it corrupted the OS for the NIC. The drivers were present, but I could not receive an IP address (IPV4 or IPV6). I tried everything that was listed here.
Using another machine, I downloaded the most recent drivers for the NIC and installed. (rebooted) no change.
Disabled Firewall (reboot) - No Change
Disabled, then uninstalled Avast (reboot) - No Change
Uninstalled Malwaebytes (reboot) - No Change
Purchased new NIC (reboot) - No Change
Set static IP's for V4, V6, DNS host, and default gateway - still no internet connection.
The only solution was to reload the OS. I decided to upgrade to Windows 8.1, after the installation the Netwok Connection restored.

You have a real problem with this latest release. it is corrupting the OS to the point a relaod is the only solution.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »
Same issues here as airbmw.  Cannot access internet.  When I attempt to run avast I get:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect".

Using an alternate PC to access internet and type this.  Have been using avast for years with no problems (Thanks!)

But.....  Help!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »
"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect".
This generally indicates the presence of another AV