Author Topic: Comodo Personal Firewall  (Read 28288 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Comodo Personal Firewall
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 03:10:45 AM »
Nice to see a lot of discussion going on , Can i just say that although the personal firewall is only 2 days old its obvious from the site that they are not new to the industry. Probably new to the home environment would be a better description.
Having used it for around 2 hrs yesterday im impressed so far with its feel and look.
 Im at work at present so cannot show any screenshots but in a couple of days ill make a post and put a few up for your perusal.

Yes please do that since I am also very interested to see how it looks... all I could see is that shrinked screenshot on their web site... I'm sure many are interested as well... I would give it a go on my spare system. Backup images are always ready in here, so no chance to screw something up...  ;)

The first point i might make is that its free now but that might change somewhere down the track cos what you get is a free 1 year licence which has to be confirmed with activation code before you even get started.

I don't believe that... very similar if not the same thing we have here with avast! free edition, right ?

Having said that it was very easy to get started and all the rule setting options and application permissions and blocking were openly available and needed only one granting and never (so far ) again.  :P to ZA  ,  lots of info available but i wasnt required to do much after granting all the running processes their access . Later today i will give the Sheilds up a visit and see how it fares there. :)

Shield Up! would be the very first thing if I installed it... I wouldn't wait too long before checking all ports after new firewall is installed, up and running...

Regards !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 03:13:19 AM »
I have a deep respect for your age tech but more for your wisdom. Pride can be a terrible thing. :)

Talking about the age, Tech's age is hidden inside his profile... but I still believe he is younger than many of us in this forum... I guess he was talking about how long he's been hanging in this forum, rather than his age.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

galooma

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 03:17:43 AM »
he used to ride a bycicle now he`s gone back to the skateboard ;D ;D looks like a middle age crisis looming  ;D

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 03:20:20 AM »
Hahaha, you're another funny Australian  ;D

What's up with you guys from "down under" ? You all are so funny and always happy.... Is it the weather over there or something else ?  ;D

Mastertech

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 03:27:38 AM »
Probably the women. :o

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 03:36:18 AM »
Probably the women. :o

Yes, yes... it must be that !  ;D  ;D  ;D Bikini babes   ;D

galooma

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 04:50:54 AM »
ah fosters lager ;D ;D ;D
5 Steps to the Perfect Beer
How to pour the perfect beer
The glass:
Get a proper beer glass; one that's a good full shape and curves in a little at the top to trap the beer's aromas. Take one of these, make sure it is scrupulously clean, and chill it in the fridge for an hour or so.

The beer:
Beer is never better than when it is delivered from the brewer. It does not improve with age; in fact, over time it will lose some of the crispness of it's flavour. So, for the perfect beer, choose a bottle that hasn't been hanging around the house too long.

The temperature:
This varies with personal taste and with the style of beer. For most Australian lager-style beers, something around typical household refrigerator temperatures (2 to 3 deg C) is fine.

Pouring:
Slosh some beer into the bottom of the glass to form a head. Then gently pour the beer directly onto the foam to break any large bubbles and pack the head. Leave for a short period to "age" the foam, then tilt the glass and fill carefully. Straighten the glass as it fills and keep pouring until the collar or head just froths over the rim of the glass.
Tip: The bitterness of the hops tends to be most concentrated in the foam of the head, so if you like a good hit of hops to jolt the tastebuds, give yourself a more generous head and sip the beer through it.

Savouring the beer:
Bring the glass to your lips and inhale gently to take in the aroma of the beer. This will awaken your tastebuds to the flavours that are to follow. Then sip, letting the cool beer flow over the tongue so you savour the full complexity of the flavour. Perfect!
 ;D ;D ;D
opologies to eddy for being off topic ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 06:02:00 AM by Cloussau »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 12:24:55 PM »
Lol  ;D

Now, let's get back to the topic... is there any chance you can post those screenshots any time soon ? Also, please provide some more info on how Comodo is behaving when tested with ShieldsUp! and also with TooLeaky http://tooleaky.zensoft.com/

Thanks in advance Cloussau

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 12:44:25 PM »
Talking about the age, Tech's age is hidden inside his profile... but I still believe he is younger than many of us in this forum... I guess he was talking about how long he's been hanging in this forum, rather than his age.
Yep  8)

I have a deep respect for your age tech but more for your wisdom. Pride can be a terrible thing. :)
I'm not pride of nothing besides avast! forum member friendship to mine  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 01:34:25 PM »
I don't know why but our Cloussau started another thread with same topic in General Forum...  ;D so we have to go over there for pictures. He just posted something, link:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17020.0

darth.mikey

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »
I don't know why but our Cloussau started another thread with same topic in General Forum...  ;D so we have to go over there for pictures. He just posted something, link:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17020.0

Yes i see, got me a little confused hihi :)

cyfer

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2005, 05:43:06 PM »
Same here; and I just want to say thanks everyone for being interested! I said to my self, "When are those screenshots coming...." :D

timcan

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2005, 09:04:10 PM »
Hate to steal some of cloussau glory , but we must have installed about same time. :)Passes shields up,sygate sos,symantec security check.Passes tooleaky also.Test done without router also.

timcan

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2005, 09:06:46 PM »
Second screenshot.This program is on my spare computer.

cyfer

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2005, 11:19:18 PM »
Hate to steal some of cloussau glory , but we must have installed about same time. :)Passes shields up,sygate sos,symantec security check.Passes tooleaky also.Test done without router also.

Nice! Thanks! Another user is quite helpful as well. :)