Author Topic: Comodo Personal Firewall  (Read 28216 times)

rdmaloyjr

Re: Comodo Personal Firewall
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2005, 04:27:30 AM »
I tried Comodo today.  Avast! Web Shield wouldn't work with Comodo, Web Shield said "The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start."  I had a lot of problems with some secure (https) sites.  I uninstalled & installed Kerio.  Kerio & Comodo both failed Shields Up due to responding to pings.  ZoneAlarm Free passed with flying colors.   Is there a way to get Kerio to pass Shields Up's ping test?  I went to "Network Security" > "Predefined" then denied "Ping tracert In" & "Ping tracert Out" in both trusted & internet.   Kerio 4.2.2 still failed the ping test.

I am tired of the crashing with ZoneAlarm.  I can't wait for the driver fix for ZA, I was using the latest update of ZA.  That is why I'm trying Kerio now.

Just think ZoneAlarm Free passed firewall tests that the paid version of Kerio fails.  ZA is easier to use.  I want ZA back.  Zone Labs hurry with the driver fix!!!

In the mean time, is there a way to get Kerio to pass Shields Up's ping test???

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 01:33:20 PM »
As far as I know ZoneLabs has already released update which fixes crashing caused by bad drivers. Do some searching in these forums, I am sure there is a thread covering this matter. I believe Vlk announced that ZA released new drivers or something...

Second thing... just try tooleaky.exe with ZA free and you'll see how much you are protected with ZA freeware  ;) It will not even ask you and it will execute it in a matter of seconds. Kerio blocks this without a single problem.

http://tooleaky.zensoft.com

Third thing... there is absolutelly nothing wrong with Comodo working with avast! Web shield works perfect. You should look for the cause of your problem in avast! this time. I know many people using Comodo in here and not a single one reported this behaviour.

Btw, this thread already looks abandoned. Last reply before your reply was this one:

Reply by Cyfer - Reply #29 on: October 21, 2005, 05:19:18 PM

There is also another thread (much more recent and much more extensive than this one) dealing with Comodo in here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17020.45
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 01:35:33 PM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

stevejrc

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 06:24:02 PM »
Yeah, latest ZoneAlarm 6.1.737.000 works fine on mine, this version is supposed to include the driver fix, which Im sure it does, as mine hasn't crashed since the last version.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 06:38:53 PM »
Yeah, latest ZoneAlarm 6.1.737.000 works fine on mine, this version is supposed to include the driver fix, which Im sure it does, as mine hasn't crashed since the last version.
One of my computers run avast and ZA 6.1.737 without problems too...  :)
The best things in life are free.

johkaz

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »
Hi,

I have just installed the Comodo firewall on my XPSP2 computer.
But everytime i try to Activate the program, i get the following grey error screen pop up.
I have sent an e-mail to Support, but i am still waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 02:42:22 PM »
Well, I am 100% sure no one will be able to help you with that problem here since this is not an Comodo support forum, but avast! antivirus forum. The biggest problem is because no one in here could possibly know what those error numbers means...

The only solution for you is to keep asking Comodo technical support... at least that's what it says in your error message. I am sure they will be able to shed some light on that problem.

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

mike6688

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »
I also had the same error about Comodo when entering the licence key.  I tried it the next day and it worked fine.  Maybe it is something to do with when it tries to get the information from Comodo.

You may also want to re-register a get another key and see if this works.

I'm now a happy user of Comodo so I hope it works for you.

Mike

PS comodo now have a forum again, like avast, although not very good with responses at the moment at:

forums.comodo.com

There support is:

support@comodogroup.com

http://www.comodogroup.com/support/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 03:46:38 PM by mike6688 »

johkaz

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2006, 04:07:32 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
I have just got a reply back from the support people.
I was told to lower the security settings to Allow All, then re-enter the code.
I did this, and the code activation worked.
I did a reboot, and put the security back up to Custom and i am activated.

Thanks.

mike6688

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2006, 04:10:35 PM »
Good to see Comodo is working for you, I'm sure you will be pleased with how it works alongside avast  :)

Mike