Author Topic: Avast needs to be updated message  (Read 1124 times)

REDACTED

Avast needs to be updated message
« on: April 24, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »
Hey,

I have 2 devices (PC's) connected to my avast! account. Both devices have same type&version of Avast! software and also identical Operating system (windows) versions installed. The hardware of two machines is different from eachothers.

I was away from both devices for a while and today i returned to their location. First of all i upgraded both to latest version and updated their databases. then rebooted.

Next i started system check (Smart scan) on both machines simultaneously and  have encountered a problem. While one of my devices had Grime check (GrimeFighter) option inside Smart Scan, the other had no such option available. Comparing Avast installation and settings of my devices I did not see any difference except at one point my second device (that did not have GrimeFighter option) displayed a message: "Avast needs to be updated. If you want to use the Remote control feature you need to update your current device to the latest Avast version." The same time avast! program overview shows: "YOU ARE PROTECTED. All shields active. Everything up-to-date" hence no option to update/upgrade.
Both machines showed identical program version and virus database no. Both machines have been maintained concurrently.

Why does avast! on almost identical systems differ from eachothers feature-wise?

thank you in advance!