Author Topic: Avast Mobile Security 7882 Premium bug  (Read 7134 times)

Offline Janek9

• Avast team
Avast Mobile Security 7882 Premium bug
« on: April 24, 2015, 06:01:43 PM »
Hello,

i am very sorry to inform you that we have a problem in AMS regarding Premium licenses. If you have installed on your device any of the following products:

-Avast Mobile Backup,
-Avast Anti-Theft,
-Avast SecureLine,

you can be experiencing problems with either purchase or refresh of your Premium license. The problem is caused by shared files of these applications. You should be able to fix it by:

1)Uninstallation of mentioned Avast apps (Mobile Backup, Anti-Theft, SecureLine).
2)Running Avast Mobile Security and either refresh your license by "GO PREMIUM" button, or insert voucher. Now AMS should properly reflect that you have a Premium license.
3)Install the apps you uninstalled in step 1) and set them up again.

We are very sorry this has happened and we are working on an hot-fix, which should go fully live next week. If you purchased Premium license and you were not able to refresh it the way described here, please file a ticket to Avast support.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Mobile Security 7882 Premium bug
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »
I have just downloaded the app from the Google Play store for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with 4.22 software, having it installed already on my smartphone HTC one m8 with 5.0.19 software. Also having problems with premium. Any time frame for a fix?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »
We are very sorry this has happened and we are working on an hot-fix, which should go fully live next week

Offline limojoe

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 12:35:33 AM »
Hi,
we have released AMS 4.0.7884 with bugfix for this issue on 100% yesterday afternoon.
Sincerely
MR

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »
Hi, updated lollipop, uninstalled all avast apps and it still want not work for me. My license is not recognized under my account.

Pls feel free to help me.
I think u can look under my account.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »
Could someone enlighten me on how I am supposed to link my mobile security to my premium account which reportedly supports 3 devices.....

currently i can either pay again for premium mobile protection through my mobile avast app.....or stay free.
All attempts to get my premium license to register my mobile have proven fruitless!!

Having followed instructions below regarding uninstallation of anti-theft etc being useless in effect.

HTC M8 ONE Running Lollipop. 

Offline hermansky

• Avast team
  • Product Manager - VPNs
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »
Guys, in latest version this bug should be fixed.. Do you still experiencing problems?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 05:55:30 AM »
 :)

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 12:01:12 PM »
I have avast mobile security installed and I have bought a premium license through the internet I can access my account perfectly however when I want to add my mobile device to my account I get the message that my pass or username is incorrect
I use version 4.0.7884
thanks for your help in this matter

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 05:28:33 PM »
No joy for me having uninstalled and followed instructions on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Android phone when trying to link the phone to an internet purchased premium licence. Followed links on the phone screen but it doesn't complete and lead to what I assume if the final screen.