Author Topic: Help!!! Problem starting avast "Error: dbsCreateObject"  (Read 3277 times)

josue.camargo

Help!!! Problem starting avast "Error: dbsCreateObject"
« on: October 20, 2005, 04:00:22 PM »
Hi everyone, I don't know what happened, but suddenly my Avast stop working at all, If windows XP security Center didn't notified me that the antivirus was Off I probably never noticed.

The blue icon on the system tray was there (with a red sign) and no startup error was received, but if try to start avast the following messages came on the screen

- Storage cannot be created for the "Splash" task"

Pressed the OK Button, Next

- Configuration is not loaded properly. Error dbsCreateObject

Pressed the OK Button, Next

- Program cannot save parameters to the storage! Error: dbsCreateObject

It sounds that Avast DB was corrupted or deleted, so the first thing I've done is re-install the software, but the problems reamins after installation.

I've checked the application log and the following entries were found (some of many)

SYSTEM   1652   ODBC function SELECT [Id] FROM LocalObjects WHERE ((Label='*DefTask0') AND (Type=1)); failed. Error description: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Unknown. 

SYSTEM   1652   ODBC function INSERT INTO LocalObjects (Id, Type, Label, Comment, CreationTime, Creator) VALUES (1132482099, 1, '*DefTask0', '', 1129776656, 0); failed. Error description: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Unknown. 

Josue   3564   ODBC function INSERT INTO LocalObjects (Id, Type, Label, Comment, CreationTime, Creator) VALUES (1132482214, 1, '*Splash', 'created from asxAvast', 1129776771, 0); failed. Error description: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Unknown. 

I already verified that my PC has ODBC drivers for Access installed, and the ODBC System DSN for Avast is present and I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english as I'm not a native speaker

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast

josue.camargo

Re: Help!!! Problem starting avast "Error: dbsCreateObject"
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 04:21:09 PM »
Thanks, It seems that I've skipped this message while browsing

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:21:36 PM »
HINT: There is also a search option

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »
Welcome to the forums Josue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security