Author Topic: "system date & time changed" - who did this???  (Read 3847 times)

Xavier

"system date & time changed" - who did this???
« on: October 20, 2005, 05:52:09 PM »
Hi,

I'm in France, and downloaded avast 4.1 family edition with registration key.

Now I have two problems: when I try to run avast, I get this:

"avast: le sous-sytemeAAVM a detecte une erreur RPC"

whic could be transalted as "avast: the AAVM sub-system has detected an RPC error".

What the hell does that mean ??? How can I sort this out?

2nd problem: when I try to update the program or the database, I get a message saying:
"the licence key has been temporarily desactivated - the date and time on your system have been changed. Correct them and enter the licence key again"

Trouble is, I didn't change anything :o

Can anyone help me?

TIA for your help,

Best regards from France,

Xavier

MrBabis

Re: "system date & time changed" - who did this???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 06:03:20 PM »
"4.1" is old version. You need to download new version of avast
http://avast.com/eng/programs.html
New virus database will not work with old version of avast.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: "system date & time changed" - who did this???
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 06:10:01 PM »
1. This is usually associated with another AV being installed or not fully uninstalled on your system. However, as mentioned it could be your using a very old version of avast.
AVAST FAQ
AAVM subsytem detected and RPC error.
http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-other-questions.html#idt_1539

2. Your CMOS battery could be on the way out, which could reset the system date and time. Some malware can reset the system date to try and disable AV protection. Reset the system date and time and you should be OK, you may need to re-enter your registration key.

As has been mentioned you should download the latest version of avast which is 4.6.691, you may be able to do this with a manual program update. It may however, be better to download the latest version, uninstall the old version, reboot and install the latest version. If you register again when you download the latest version you will get a new registration key.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security