Author Topic: comodo personal firewall  (Read 139742 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: comodo personal firewall
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2005, 08:54:11 PM »
Well then... maybe they are really having some problems with latest build. I have to repeat, I never tried last one, so I don't know if that same error would happen here just like on your computers. But sure, you should contact their support and see what they have to say. Now this is not only one isolated case... there are two exactly the same reports... let's see what they have to say about it.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

MFB

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2005, 11:25:14 PM »
Comodo MAY have issues concerning running between the Administrator account and the Non Administrator with WinXP?
Can anybody confirm this?
Won't the firewall protect the computer while running a non-administrator account?

Comodo will still protect users with limit accounts, however Comodo only protect one active account at a time and you have to insert your Key Again once you log in to a different account.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:27:18 PM by Turkey »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2005, 01:01:05 AM »
Comodo will still protect users with limit accounts, however Comodo only protect one active account at a time and you have to insert your Key Again once you log in to a different account.
Thanks Turkey.
Can you tell me if I'll have to do this each time or just in the first one the user log into a specific account?
I'm thinking I won't be able to use the 'swith feature' of Windows to change the logged user...  ::)
The best things in life are free.

timcan

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2005, 02:48:39 AM »
Comodo MAY have issues concerning running between the Administrator account and the Non Administrator with WinXP?
Can anybody confirm this?
Won't the firewall protect the computer while running a non-administrator account?

This bug has been fixed in latest version   1.1.002

MFB

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2005, 03:32:44 AM »
You mean the one that deals with the License Key?  Cause I have the latest version of Comodo and I still need to log off from my first account to use the firewall for my second one. 

Thanks Turkey.
Can you tell me if I'll have to do this each time or just in the first one the user log into a specific account?
I'm thinking I won't be able to use the 'swith feature' of Windows to change the logged user...  ::)

I'm not really sure what you mean exactly but all I can say is I can only have one account active but I still need to use my Key three times on my other three accounts each year unless Comodo fix it already in the last update.  :-\ 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 03:35:26 AM by Turkey »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2005, 12:22:35 PM »
This bug has been fixed in latest version   1.1.002
I couldn't even install this version  :P

chat1der

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2005, 10:53:06 PM »
I tried installing the firewall today for the first time and got

Error -1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance

I followed ALL the steps in this article

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108440

but no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2005, 11:00:20 PM »
Suggestion is very simple. You should contact their technical support. This forum deals with avast! issues and we are trying to help and pelase everybody with their questions. There is literally thousands and thousands of people requesting help and there is just few of us trying to please everybody.

Again, Comodo technical support can be reached through this e-mail:

support@comodogroup.com

or this one:

support@comodo.com

ATTN: to Allan
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2005, 04:15:18 AM »
New version of Comodo Firewall... http://www.personalfirewall.trustix.com/
I can't install it for sure...
I've sent emails to their technical but the first (second, third... fifth) tentative let me think it's not a good one... I couldn't even manage it to install... there isn't a forum, a FAQ or a knowledge base to search for info...  :P

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2005, 04:24:16 AM »
If you have one problem you can't say it's not a good firewall. That's what many keeps saying for avast! when they try it for the first time and experience so many problems... we are here to help them. Sure there is a free forum support, but that doesn't necesarily comes from avast! itsels, but from us Tech. We are the ones that spends so much time in here trying to unselfishly help everybody (I hope we are succeeding in that)... that's up to us.

Comodo doesn't have forum but that's just because they just started to deal with that product. If it has problems and issues (although I haven't noticed those you mentioned, oh yes... btw, I just tried new version on my laptop and it works like a charm...), so we need to work on those problems and inform those developers. That's the best way to deal with those things. As I said, there is just few people (tech support) at Comodo, and I am sure many people already send hundreds of requests. We have to understand them a bit. They are dealing with unbelievable amount of information right now...

BanziBaby

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2005, 12:21:05 PM »
To anyone gettin the Error -1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance error

Follow the advice on this installshield link

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108322

By deletin & the reinstallin the installshield runtime version 7, 7.01, 8 & 9 ( i downloaded the ISScript.exe & the various version of the runtime) i was then able to install comodo

U should have a 7, 8 & 9 folder in Ur C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver dir.

It seems that if U dont have the various IDriver.exe installshield runtime then comodo is unable to update or even install it resultin in that error message.

BaNzI ;D

nana8

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2005, 08:48:15 PM »
Well, I had sygate with my avast but since sygate will be no more I decided to try comodo firewall. It seems easy but after doing shields up I'm uneasy with it. It says all ports are closed but not stealth. Now I'm a dummy that really does not understand what the heck I'm looking at when it comes to  most of this stuff and I'm not sure what IP address they are checking. I didn't seem to have this trouble with sygate but I'm not sure I ran shields up after going DSL. I have Comodo set at Custom level do I need to bump it up to high? If I do bump it up will it lock up my computer. When I had symantec's internet security and zone alarm (not at the same time) and they were set to high I couldn't even boot my computer. Any Advice or help??? Thanks ~Nana~ :-[

justin1278

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2005, 09:12:17 PM »
the high setting is more for like if you are under attack. Kind of like ZA block all internet traffic feature.

timcan

« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2005, 11:13:32 PM »
Hi nana8,are you using a router or hardware firewall now that you're on dsl connection?Comodo will pass shields up as 100% stealth.Custom level setting is correct for normal usage.

nana8

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2005, 02:58:44 AM »
I have a DSL router thru sprint/earthlink  but am unsure about router firewall. I don't think it has a firewall.  Have had sygate firewall for quite a while but now that it is no more and I had read that Comodo would be a good one and thought I would try it out. The shields up keeps coming up port are all closed but not stealth. Have no idea what to do???? ~Nana~