Author Topic: Update links  (Read 4710 times)

MNS

Update links
« on: October 21, 2005, 11:50:29 AM »
In our job we have firewall and I whan't to asked that the update adress for the update servers. We don't whant give internet to all computers in our network, but I wan't that all computers have access to updates. Thank you!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Update links
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 01:04:12 PM »
This is not problem. By default, all the managed clients fetch updates from the mirror located on the Management server, not directly from the Internet. I.e. no Internet connection is required on the clients for the updates to work.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

MNS

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 01:08:05 PM »
This is not problem. By default, all the managed clients fetch updates from the mirror located on the Management server, not directly from the Internet. I.e. no Internet connection is required on the clients for the updates to work.

We have the FreeBSD server and all clients' have no acsess to internet. But we can allow for some adresses acsess. And I just what't to know that adresses)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »
As I said, internet connection on the clients is not necessary at all. All updates are downloaded from a mirror that is located on the Management Server. The management server is required to have Internet connection to enable the mirror to be synchronized.

I'd recommend reading the ADNM administrator's guide: http://files.avast.com/files/eng/adnmag.pdf

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

MNS

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 01:39:45 PM »
As I said, internet connection on the clients is not necessary at all. All updates are downloaded from a mirror that is located on the Management Server. The management server is required to have Internet connection to enable the mirror to be synchronized.

I'd recommend reading the ADNM administrator's guide: http://files.avast.com/files/eng/adnmag.pdf

Thanks
Vlk

Ok, thanx, I'l read that manual :) maybe he helps me :)