Author Topic: Grimefighter a piece of crap!  (Read 2281 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter a piece of crap!
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:08:04 AM »
To the President of AVAST,

Never in 40+ years of working in computing have I seen a worse piece of software than GrimeFighter. on the market.

I purchased it to clean up my computer and after many hours of trying I still haven't succeed to even get it to run properly.

If I run it from Avast in Windows it asks me to reboot the system and then says I need to be attached to the internet, which I can't do from outside windows.

If I run it from the standalone GrimeFighter in Windows with the Internet running I get an idiotic message says "It isn't your problem, it is ours, try again later"..Which I have tried multiple times.

If it isn't my problem and it is yours, FIX ]the god damn problem. If you can't fix it properly, take the program off the market, stop wasting people's time and money

I will never use another Avast product again and will suggest to my customers and friends that they not also. And by the way, return my purchase price. I should bill you for the many hours of frustration I have spent trying to get your damn program to work properly at the$150 an hour I charge my customers. But since I am sure you wouldn't pay it I won't bother.

--
Harry Nielsen
African Alternative Energy Solutions,Ltd. (U)
Kirinya, Kampala, Uganda
nielsen.harry@gmail.com

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Grimefighter a piece of crap!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 03:06:29 PM »
Never in 40+ years of working in computing have I seen a worse piece of software than GrimeFighter. on the market.
So you never have seen Windows?  ;D
If I run it from Avast in Windows it asks me to reboot the system and then says I need to be attached to the internet, which I can't do from outside windows.
Use a wired connection and it should work.
If I run it from the standalone GrimeFighter in Windows with the Internet running
GrimeFighter needs to boot into its own Linux environment in order to work.

If you want a refund, you need to sub,it a ticket requesting it.
https://support.avast.com

$150 an hour ? Sjees, I only charge them $25

ps:
Unless you like to receive a lot of spam, it is not a smart thing to post your email address on a public webboard.