Author Topic: Avast upgrade I had paid for removed from my computer.  (Read 1982 times)

REDACTED

Avast upgrade I had paid for removed from my computer.
« on: May 01, 2015, 03:05:44 PM »
On April 6. 2015 I paid $24.99 for a year of the Advast upgrade. About a week ago I got a message telling me that my "Free Trial" was up. The day after that All the Avast on my laptop was removed.
That was Not a Free Trial. I Paid for the upgrade for a year.
I don't know whom I can contact, but this needs to be cleared up at once. My laptop is back to being slow and vulnerable again.
Thank you either for fixing the problem or letting me know whom I can contact.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast upgrade I had paid for removed from my computer.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 03:32:08 PM »
Did you insert the license that you received in avast ?
If avast was removed, simply download/install the version you paid for and provide it with the license.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast upgrade I had paid for removed from my computer.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 04:08:11 PM »
Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 or later - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Uninstall/Change and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.

If that doesn't resolve it, try the Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security