Author Topic: Major issues after uninstall  (Read 1380 times)

REDACTED

Major issues after uninstall
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:38:32 PM »
Long story...

Couple months back i installed Avast anti theft on my Nexus 5. After having issues with the app (started ringing the alarm at random times about sim card being changed, which wasn't true) i decided to uninstall it. During this uninstall i got an error (can't remember what it said) the app was gone from my phone so i thought nithingnof the error.

Then bad things started to happen. Now every time signal gets lost (which happens a lot cause of the place where i work) it doesn't come back. Solution, reboot the phone. Nope, when it boots up there is no signal at all! Even worse, radio is turned off!!! Nothing will let me get my network back. I'm a rooted user and even did a full wipe of my phone! Problem still exsists.

Then it dawned on me. Avast is built to protect a device from unauthorized use. What if this error when uninstalling the app brought me all this mess.... It started happening when i uninstalled it. So i thought, perhaps there is some residual Avast software left in the roots of my phone...

Next idea, let install Avast anti theft again and try to uninstall it properly this time! Installed the app and voila! It told me Avast anti theft is already installed on this device! Well, i just did a full wipe of my phone and there is no data left besides bare Android.

So, my question is... How to uninstall Avast anti theft once and for all! I'm sick of this software which turns MY phone (which isn't stolen or lost) into an expensive BRICK!

REDACTED

Re: Major issues after uninstall
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
Fprgot to mention.... Since during install it says "Avast ani theft is already installed > retry > cancel" it won't let me install the app so i can't do the uninstall again.