Author Topic: Problems with Grime Fighter regarding GoogleAppsSync  (Read 3860 times)

REDACTED

Problems with Grime Fighter regarding GoogleAppsSync
« on: April 14, 2015, 12:43:15 AM »
After running Grime Fighter with no evidence of problems, Outlook (ver. 10) stopped working with an error saying that folders weren't aligned with GoogleAppsSync. I run yhis sw on my pc because I align mails, calendars, and directories on 4 systems (having company mail on Gmail).
After this I disinstalled GoogleAppsSync and tried to re-install it. Impossibile!! An error message pops-up saying that there is no Outlook app on my pc!!! Unbelievable!!
Please is there someone aware of these kind of problems with Grime...?
Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Problems with Grime Fighter regarding GoogleAppsSync
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:13:07 PM »
Run GrimeFighter again and tell it to undo the changes it has made.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
Thank you. How is it possibile to undo with GF?Is there a specific option? I can't see it in the starting screen. Thanks again for your kind help.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »
Hi Roby56,

You can undo the previous changes by launching GrimeFighter again, rebooting into the Linux UI and selecting "undo changes"

Hope this helps.

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »
Hi Davidek,
sorry but I'm a "normal" user and I don't understand what it means "rebooting with Linux UI". I run again GF but I did'n notice any "undo" command.
Since I paid working $ I think I should deserve a working product...
All the best

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »
Hi Roby,

Sorry for the overcomplicated answer.  If you open Avast, you can then go to Scan, Scan for Performance Issues.  That will open the GrimeFighter part of Avast.  Then click "optimize my PC"  You'll be asked if you want to reboot (restart) and run now.  Select that and your PC will restart.  Once it restarts you will see the GrimeFighter user interface and "sedating".  After that you can see a button that will allow you to undo changes from the previous cleaning.

I hope this explanation is more useful.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 07:22:18 PM »
I installed GrimeFighter this morning because there was a special 50% off deal and my laptop was running slowly.  I paid $24.95 for this great deal.

I had exactly the same problem. I uninstalled Google Apps Sync and tried to re-install it.  It also told me it could not find a supported version of Outlook!

I found this discussion in the Avast forums.  I executed the suggested fix and my Outlook and Google Apps Sync now seem to be taking to each other properly.

This cost me several hours of time.  I have now backed out the changes GrimeFighter made in its very first scan. So GrimeFighter has offered me zero value.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK. How do I accomplish this?  How do I uninstall GrimeFighter? I will still use the free version of Avast.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »

I WANT MY MONEY BACK. How do I accomplish this?  How do I uninstall GrimeFighter? I will still use the free version of Avast.

Hi
You can uninstall GF  by going to Control Panel/Programs & Features/Avast and then choose "Change" from Avast Installation Options.
Untick GrimeFighter from Middle (Tools) Column and Reboot. See Screenshot.

For support and Refund:
Please go to http://support.avast.com and "Submit a Support Ticket". If you want to request a refund please provide as much info as possible about your case(s) at form https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/27/&cls01&ptf01&lic01&scr06 - select Refund request on left side. :)

I also should mention the process (support/refund) could take 7-10 Business Days to resolve depending on Customer load. Adding information or submitting multiple tickets will only "Increase" length of Response time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:57:22 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »
After running GrimeFighter, my Outlook 2010 and Google Apps Sync no longer work.  I ran Grimefighter again to 'undo changes', and that still did not work.  What are my options?