Author Topic: SCCM OSD and Avast  (Read 4346 times)

REDACTED

SCCM OSD and Avast
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »
Has anyone had any luck deploying Avast through SCCM?  I am trying to push Avast out during the OSD install application segment but it has not been successful.  The command I am using for the program setting is avastinstaller.exe /silent which worked fine in MDT 2012 and installed Avast after the imaging process.  Thanks for your help.

REDACTED

Re: SCCM OSD and Avast
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:32:40 PM »
I know this is a very old thread but I have been having the same issue and think I found a solution.

I tried the same thing via both a Application and a Package during the OSD phase.  Both kicked off but failed.  I used the line "Avast_WorkstationInstaller.exe /silent /nodesktopicon /nosounds /noreboot /progress" to install.

I redesigned my package to install via a vbs script - this worked perfectly.  Not sure why the difference but here is the vbs I used in the package.

On Error Resume Next

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
Set wshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

'Get the Desktop folder.  You must add the "\" at the end of the path
strAllDesktop = wshShell.SpecialFolders("AllUsersDesktop")&"\"

Const OverwriteExisting = True

WshShell.Run "Avast_WorkstationInstaller.exe /silent /nodesktopicon /nosounds /noreboot /progress", 1, True

Hope that helps someone out there.

Scott

REDACTED

Re: SCCM OSD and Avast
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 07:49:39 PM »
Thanks for that.  Though I am just starting to have time to work on the Images for next school year this is still an issue with only a couple devices.  This school year we ran a pilot with Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130s (for Students) and 7130s (staff).  Using SCCM to deploy our images, Avast had no problem installing as an SCCM application on the 5130s that are 32bit.  The staff 7130s, 64bit,  have a task sequence error when they get to Avast and i have to install it manually.  At first I thought it was a 64bit issue,  but our lab desktops (Dell 380's, 390s Windows 7 64bit) had no problem installing avast in the task sequence.  I will give this a go with those Tasks that just wont work.  If only Avast would give us an MSI option things would be much easier.