Author Topic: Trial Mode keeps coming up on clients  (Read 4287 times)

REDACTED

Trial Mode keeps coming up on clients
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »
Although the server has a current license through next year, clients are receiving pop-ups about their Avast clients being in trial mode. The same client an hour later will have the updated licensing, but the next day it is back to trail mode. Any thoughts are appreciated.........

Offline /# Thomas #/

Re: Trial Mode keeps coming up on clients
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »
Did you recently update your license? I had this issue on only one computer, which had the free version before we rolled out the enterprise client, and I ended up doing a clean reinstall on that machine.

/* Thomas */

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:21:54 AM »
I've been seeing this problem as well. It's a few machines here and there on each of our 23 school sites...but that adds up quickly. I have been reinstalling the client software on the problem machines because I haven't found a fix for it yet.

Has anyone found a way to manage this problem from the server?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »
same issue here, but only on one Windows 8 machine. I thought maybe this was a Windows 8 issue?

Anyone have a solution?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 09:35:57 PM »
Just saw this post after posting a new one about this same issue.  We have found that updating the vps or even a system reboot removes trial mode but would love to find out why this is happening.

Offline Halifax Library

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
Hate to do a "me, too" post, but we've had the same problem for awhile.  I've only seen it happen on our public workgroup computers, never the domain PCs.    ???

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
I previously had the "do not reboot" option selected on the "If computer needs to reboot" section of my install task. After ensuring that the computers are rebooted after the initial remote install, I am not seeing this problem anymore.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 05:24:39 PM »
I'm having the same issue. I'm still stuck in trial mode even after checking the reboot after.