Author Topic: Avast anti-theft android DOES NOT WORK!!!!  (Read 10022 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast anti-theft android DOES NOT WORK!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »
I did not choose an alias. Also, to Eddy: I would like to never discuss this again.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
Ok When you download AAT from Playstore and open it up how far does the installation wizard get?

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 02:30:57 AM »
I was trying to set up my PIN when it quit working. Either way, I’m done.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 10:55:30 PM »
Wow! Answering a few questions to get some more details as Eddy and myself did (TO TRY AND HELP) seems to make some people throw their toys out of the pram.

Asking for detail helps us narrow the problem down. Would you take your car to the garage and tell them "something doesn't work"?

I understand how frustrating these things can be, bit snapping and bitting at the hands trying to help is actually not the way to do it.

When your old enough to understand, you'll realise that good social skills are key to your success within your own or any other 'pack'.

BTW you need an active internet connection to complete the pin and phone number setup. I add that just in case someone else is browsing this and has the same problem.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:00:46 PM by Spencer10 »

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 01:50:54 PM »
You misused “your.” I try to be nice, but when people keep questioning me—as Eddy did—I get annoyed. When I say I am done with Avast Anti-Theft, I mean it. I did have an active internet connection, but I still could not get beyond setting up my PIN and phone #. As such, I had no choice but to uninstall it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:53:14 PM by Brandon Devers »

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »
Surely you understand that we're not asking you these questions simply to waste your time? It helps us and anybody else reading this, who might have got here after googling the same problem, understand the problem.

Eddy or myself don't get payed by avast to monitor these forums 24/7 waiting to solve any problems that are posted. My motivation, and I suspect Eddy's, is that we understand how frustrating these things can be when they don't work as planned.  We know all that is needed is 1 person with experience of a similar problem is all it takes to point us in the right direction. I had major problems with AAT after I rooted my Samsung and subsequently tried to install AAT (rooted). A quick Google and browse of this forum gave me the solution I was looking for. I never posted my problem because I found an existing thread that matched mine. The questions and detail asked for by the kind people helping the OP confirmed in my mind that my problem matched the OP problem and helped others provide the correct solution.

I'm a very curious person and being an Electronic Engineer, know that 99% of the time there is a solution. Problem solving involves eliminating all of the, often silly and obvious causes ie. PROBLEM: Appliance won't power up. QUESTION 1: is it plugged in? That question can frustrate people but you'd be surprised how many times the obvious is missed. I have done it myself, missed the obvious. I have failed to follow the procedure I would follow in my professional capacity. Asking the 'silly' questions is not an insult to your intelligence, but merely the correct approach to problem solving, eliminate the obvious first.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 02:44:37 PM »
I lost my phone 5 days ago, anti theft does not work what can i do?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »
There is not much sense in posting in a +/- 5 month old thread.
If you want assistance, start your own thread and provide details.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »
Good morning people. I have 02 android devices that I monitor the Anti- thief just that when I enter the site my avast no longer appears my androids, appears only my notebook and my pc . I am desperate to find a device that was stolen and can not monitor it because I can not see my androids the site. Please help ...

Bom dia pessoal. Eu tenho 02 aparelhos android que monitoro pelo Anti-thief só que quando entro no site meu avast não aparece mais os meus androids, só aparece meu notebook e meu pc. Estou desesperado para encontrar um aparelho que foi roubado e não consigo monitorar o mesmo porque não consigo ver meus androids pelo site. Por favor ajudem...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »
Marcel,

if you want help, please post in the correct forum.
If I understand you correctly, you need to be in the my.avast.com support forum.