Author Topic: We are sorry, your device 'SPH-L720T' could not be synchronized because of a tem  (Read 1735 times)

Offline djfrank

Hi,

I am in the middle of a frustration here, I can't get Avast Anti Theft to register on my account, but installation would go thru normally on my father's cellphone.

After I installed Avast Anti Theft ROOTED mode, I linked the installation to my Avast account, when I proceeded to log in to my.avast.com to see my new device, and sure, the SPH-720T does appear there, but when I clicked at it, I get the following error message

"We are sorry, your device 'SPH-L720T' could not be synchronized because of a temporary issue on our side. Please try deleting it and then add it back to your Avast Account."

I have been installing and uninstalling Avast Anti Theft in both formats, Rooted and Non Rooted versions and in both I get the same error message.  I have 7 hours straight up trouble shooting this to no avail.  I think I have performed like 20 installations and installations, thinking that maybe the custom (disguise) name I had chosen was conflicting somehow, or perhaps that I have re-used the same PIN as another phone I Have protected and proceeded to create a different PIN.

My father is going to travel overseas and will be leaving on Monday morning, I am desperate to get this Avast anti-theft working before he leaves, I rooted this phone (via CWM + flashing SuperSU) for this sole purpose, to have a rooted Anti theft solutions that actually survives a factory reset.  So far I have installed the Sprint default recommended "Lookout" app, but offers no rooted/reset proof protection, and I also have installed Prey Project as another failsafe, again these applications doesn't offer reset proofs.

I have five devices listed under my "Devices" section, the first one is for a PC/Laptop which is currently "red" since that PC is no longer being used, and the rest 4 of them are mobile phones.  I have one SPH-L710 (A Samsung Galaxy S2 which by the way I lost over 3 weeks ago but was able to send the remove wipe command successfully, but wans't able to retrieve the phone), I have two SPH-L720T belonging to my Mother and Father, the one that belongs to my mother I installed Avast Anti Theft long time ago (Months Ago) and that one registers fine when I click on her icon, I get to see all the "owner, Program version, Last communication, etc...." just fine, no error message here, her installation is not rooted. 

It appears that any recent installations that I have done for Avast Anti Theft is erroring out on me.  over a week ago I installed Avast Anti Theft ROOTED on a SGH-T599N (Epic Touch 4G / Metro PCS phone) and didn't even bothered to check on my.avast.com since on the app is said that it got linked successfully to my account and all seemed good.  Now it seems that I am getting the same error message for this phone than the one I am getting for my father's phone.

"We are sorry, your device 'SGH-T599N' could not be synchronized because of a temporary issue on our side. Please try deleting it and then add it back to your Avast Account."

So, this SGH-T599N (installed over a week ago) and my father's SPH-L720T (been trying to install it for the past 7 hours or so) are the ones producing these "....could not be synchronized....." error messages on my.avast.com

I would attempt to perform a titanium backup of my mother's older version of Avast Anti Theft into an .apk to then install that to my father's SPH-L720T with the assumption that there could be something wrong with the latest .apk being downloaded from Google Play store to see if it registers successfully to my.avast.com account without erroring out, but I am very tired at this moment to try that and would leave this until I wake up in a few more hours.

Any thoughts?  Could this be a software bug, is Avast having a temporary server issue causing all new registration to error out?

Before anyone suggest that maybe Avast has like a max 2 to 3 devices support per account, one of the things I did within the past 7 hours was register a new account for my father using his own gmail account that he has linked on his own Google Playstore, when after I did the installation, linked using his own freshly created avast account the same error message came up when I clicked on his sole device listed under his "devices" list on my.avast.com (and I repeated the experiment using the non-rooted/standard version to no avail) so no, this error message doesn't have to do with anything related to having multiple accounts under one same Avast account.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:37:18 PM by djfrank »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
"We are sorry, your device 'SPH-L720T' could not be synchronized because of a temporary issue on our side. Please try deleting it and then add it back to your Avast Account."
And what part is it that you do not understand ?

REDACTED

The OP maybe confusing deleting and re-adding the device to and from his account, with, uninstallng and re-installing the  application.
Because I assume there will be others making that same mistake, and maybe reading this thread...

Deleting a device from your account is done on the myavast web interface. That doesn't mean uninstall and re-install the application. :)