Author Topic: Can't get grimefighter to work  (Read 3064 times)

REDACTED

Can't get grimefighter to work
« on: May 01, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »
I have tried several times now to get Grime Fighter to work and I have been unsuccessful.  The first time, I managed to get my computer to restart in Grime Fighter mode but eventually it came up with a message saying something about a possible problem with the firewall. 

The next few times I tried, I could click optimise my PC but it would keep coming up with Grime Fighter not responding. 

The next time I tried, I got the computer to restart in Grime Fighter mode, but then it came up with a message saying "Grime Fighter requires the internet, try refreshing below, toggling your wifi connection or plugging in via Ethernet".  At this point, my internet was working on other devices. 

The last time I tried, I got the computer to restart in Grime Fighter mode but then nothing happened.  The Grime Fighter screen remained for a few hours until I rebooted the system. 

Please advice.

Simone

REDACTED

Re: Can't get grimefighter to work
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 11:36:40 AM »
We have the exact same problem.  :-[

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 02:00:56 AM »
have the same problem

REDACTED

I got grimefighter to work! Login to your account
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:51:39 PM »
I was wired already so didn't have that problem,but I did have the problem of it Sedated/Contacting HQ for hours/overnight, and never progressing, and I forced shutdown.  Found this forum and read several of the GrimeFighter threads.  I also looked at FAQ, and somehow found my way to this statement:

If you are using GrimeFighter for the first time on the computer you must purchase a license or sign in to your Avast Account to activate an existing license

After I logged in it ran quickly, all the way through to the end.  And yes there was an option to edit the changes it wants to make.

Offline gerrywalsh6996

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »
I have downloaded Grimefighter and it has just about knackered my computer. Windows cannot putback my firewalls and I cannot get online now. It's a mess. Warning to all - don't use it.  They will not help your to fix it either. I have sent a ticket in but nil response. I shall never use Avast again.