Author Topic: PC reboots but Grimefighter does not run  (Read 9385 times)

REDACTED

Re: PC reboots but Grimefighter does not run
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 08:18:48 PM »
Me too - hadn't spotted this thread earlier, but I have the exact same problem with GrimeFighter on my Lenovo Windows 8 machine

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »
i'm in the same situation as most that  have replied to this post.  i purchased avast premium for 3 computers , and grime fighter for one computer yesterday,  total cost $ 75.05.  attempted to run grime fighter last night, ran for 8 hours, stuck on the screen that stated ":your pc is now asleep, "were calling in ............ .  i then  contacted tech support and was informed by "kristy" that since my operating system was "windows xp" that i would need a "windows tech support" to clean up any malware that might be causing the problem.  she knew as do i, that windows xp is no longer supported by microsoft, but she explained that avast have "xp techs" that could fix the problem for a price.   my comment is, why would i pay for support for a problem with my pc that avast premium and grime fighter should fix for me.  iv'e sent several "tickets to support with no response.  any body have any advise , thoughts, opinions about this?

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 11:41:15 AM »
20 hours on a blank screen. Got to restart the PC.
And the "we found XX issues to fix" still there.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 11:16:04 PM »
I have exactly the same problem. I am shown how my PC can be improved but when I click on 'optimise my pc' the pc reboots as it would normally.  There is no sign of Grimefighter running at all.  I have raised a ticket with AVAST and the first response was to tell me to delete the    'jumpshot.com' folder in toto and then runa a repair on avast.  I followed these instructions and the problem remains exactly the same. Having seen the amount of complaints about this application I am strongly inclined to demand a refund.

I am running windows 8.1

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
I am about to demand a refund. Have installed GrimeFighter as far as I can see, but it does not run at reboot

REDACTED

TRY THIS!!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »
I had the problem of it Sedated/Contacting HQ for hours/overnight, and never progressing, and I had to force shutdown.  Found this forum and read several of the GrimeFighter threads.  I also looked at FAQ, and somehow found my way to this statement:

If you are using GrimeFighter for the first time on the computeryou must purchase a license or sign in to your Avast Account to activate an existing license

After I logged in it ran quickly, all the way through to the end.  And yes there was an option to edit the changes it wants to make.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »
Just purchased today.  Installed, license is good.  Re-booted several times, always back to windows.  I've wasted too much time.  I'm going to request a refund.  Extremely disappointed.  Avast software constantly prompted me to run scan and then purchase software.  Finally decided it seemed like a good idea only to waste time trying to get it to work.