Author Topic: I have 3 PCs. One in use at any time. SLVPN licence?  (Read 4326 times)

REDACTED

I have 3 PCs. One in use at any time. SLVPN licence?
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:44:15 PM »
I've used Avast Free AV since before it was even called "Avast". I'm sure you needed to know that!
If I purchase a subscription to SLVPN can I run it on more than one PC? - not necessarily simultaneously although that would be simpler.
Thanks.
Royo

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: I have 3 PCs. One in use at any time. SLVPN licence?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 12:49:42 AM »
For PC's, it is one license for each PC if you want them online simultaneously.
You can run Secureline license Service on more then one PC, BUT not at the same time
I've read there is something new coming with regard to Licensing however I'm not clear on the details as yet. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »
Thanks for the prompt response.

To be clear, can I install on three PCs and only activate on the one currently in use?

That'd be fine by me unless it requires repetitive install/uninstall as it's sometimes just a matter of minutes between using different boxes. Could someone kindly clarify this for me?

Roy

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »
To be clear, can I install on three PCs and only activate on the one currently in use?
Yes.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
Yes.
Thanks!
Sorry to be obtuse but, to be clear, is this simply a question of "throwing a switch" in the application when moving from my coffee table PC to an office workstation in another room?
Roy

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 11:27:01 AM »
As explained above by Schmidthouse, no switches. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 10:45:30 PM »
Yes.
Thanks!
Sorry to be obtuse but, to be clear, is this simply a question of "throwing a switch" in the application when moving from my coffee table PC to an office workstation in another room?
Roy

Think of it as a service that can be an option on more then on PC. However the service will not run on more then one PC at a time with only 1 License
Thanks Asyn  ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »
OK, thanks everyone.
To summarise, am I correct to say that the application is aware of the local network and will only run on a single PC of the three. Then the question arises, should all 3 be running and connected to the network, which one? I would have expected this to be selectable.
I'll probably buy a short licence and give it a try.
Roy

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
You're welcome