Author Topic: anti theft locked me out my phone  (Read 3037 times)

REDACTED

anti theft locked me out my phone
« on: May 14, 2015, 08:13:29 AM »
Hello
I got locked out from my phone with the siren and the "this phone has been lost or stolen" message, for apparently no reason.
It happened just after I activate avast secure VPN ( not sure if there is a connection between the 2 though)
Once locked it asked me my google account password but that didn't work ( I'm sure I put the right one!!!)
and with the siren still ringing, it let me  in ( I could move through my apps) and it stopped ringing just when I selected "locked phone" from the 'notification shade' menu and entered my avast pin....

Offline RailroadT

Re: anti theft locked me out my phone
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:24:55 PM »
My android phone is currently locked too.  When I turn it on I get the voice message and siren.  However, I only had the option to send a recovery PIN, which seemed to go into cyberspace.  I did not receive a text message on the secondary mobile phone.  I have submitted a support ticket, but have not received a reply yet, and cannot use the phone at all.  I have also signed in to my avast! Account through avast! Internet Security and checked the FAQS, but have not been able to find anything useful.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:07:29 AM »
Hello, if your device is connected to my.avast.com, you can unlock it remotely. In case you've forgotten your PIN, click on Recovery PIN, which will be sent to your recovery number.