Author Topic: wysiwyg  (Read 28952 times)

techie101

Re:wysiwyg
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2003, 10:00:38 PM »
.........the IE browser is an integeral part of the OS
Might be the old Fdisk if I can't find the problem

Walker,
I was afraid of that.  Fdisk may be the only solution at this point.
Sorry I could suggest more but I can't "see" the problem as you Mac friend does.

Good luck,
techie

Walker

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 12:24:51 AM »
Your signature, Walker, is one of my best  ;D

Tech. ..   8) ;)

Techie. .. not to worry, thanks very much for trying  :)

W.

techie101

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 02:28:10 AM »
Walker,

It IS a peculiar problem.  I wouldn't even know how to "Google" it. haha

If I think of anything, I will let you know.
I never quit, only rest awhile.  ;D

techie

Hornus Continuum

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 01:29:51 PM »
Walker,

To repair/reinstall Internet Explorer 6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 in Windows XP see the MS Knowledge Base article How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378.

You are correct about Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.  From the KB article above:

By default, Internet Explorer 6 is preinstalled in all versions of Windows XP and cannot be removed. To provide computer manufacturers more flexibility in configuring desktop versions of Windows XP, Microsoft has made it possible for OEMs, administrators, and users to remove user access to Internet Explorer while leaving the Internet Explorer code intact and fully functional to make sure the functionality of programs and operating system functions that rely on it. For example, Windows XP supports an "IEAccess=off" switch in the Unattend.txt file, and Internet Explorer has been added to the Add/Remove Windows Components section of the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. This does not reinstall Internet Explorer.

Regards,
Hornus
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 01:30:57 PM by Hornus Continuum »

Walker

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2003, 03:16:18 AM »
Thanks Hornus,

I'm actually going to give it a try right now, if I get any problems it'll be back to the total system O/S install.

Perhaps I should wish everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year now. .. just in case  :) :) ;)

Thanks again everyone.

W.