Author Topic: ERROR when i try to Update  (Read 5691 times)

cicciodj

ERROR when i try to Update
« on: November 28, 2005, 01:23:10 PM »
hi when i try to update my version of avast pro i have this error message :

ver : 4.6.731
SI : 0x00000005
ST : 0xC0000005
LE : 0x00000000

someone can help me ??? tnks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: ERROR when i try to Update
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 04:02:59 PM »
There is currently a very large thread about this topi that is affecting a number of users but not all.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17501.0

Are you able to do a manual update?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cicciodj

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 05:38:36 PM »
yes i've already try to download the file from the site but in the end i've got the same problem ... and i've already read the previous posts but it isn't a firewall problem ... avast have full permission from my firewall ...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 06:04:47 PM »
yes i've already try to download the file from the site but in the end i've got the same problem ... and i've already read the previous posts but it isn't a firewall problem ... avast have full permission from my firewall ...
It could be rather an update problem into the last (4.6.731) avast Home version.
Could you manual update your virus database or not?
Maybe we'll have a solution next days...
Check http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17501.msg150734#msg150734
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:16:57 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 06:31:34 PM »
By Manual update I meant right click avast icon, Updating, iAVS, rather than download the file again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cicciodj

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 08:33:49 PM »
By Manual update I meant right click avast icon, Updating, iAVS, rather than download the file again.
yes i've tried this too ... when i do this way there isn't any problems but when i see the version of the database it is the oldest one so nothing was updated ...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 08:57:28 PM »
yes i've tried this too ... when i do this way there isn't any problems but when i see the version of the database it is the oldest one so nothing was updated ...
Can you go to Update tab of settings > Details > Check the Normal update method (view) and check 'Show update progress'.
Can you post what is the error at the end?
If you open avast Log viewer, can you tell us anything to help debugging this problem?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 10:00:19 PM »
All I'm trying to establish is that you can at least do a manual update and it completes successfully, even when there is no update available (or you have the latest version). You have at least been able to connect, some who can't connect with the auto update also can't connect using the manual update.

cicciodj

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 01:27:21 PM »
Can you go to Update tab of settings > Details > Check the Normal update method (view) and check 'Show update progress'.
Can you post what is the error at the end?
If you open avast Log viewer, can you tell us anything to help debugging this problem?

let me see ... i've already check "Show Update Progress"
the error was a classical square window that appears when u an update is avaiable in the low right part of the screen ... but the background color of this window is red ... when i click on it it opens a new window ( the classical window of the updates ) and there's write nothing that can be usefull for resolve the problem ... there's only write " info about current update : total time : 2 sec" ... but no update was done ...
i've opened avast log viewer but there's nothing in the error section ... and also in the others warning section ...
i've cheked the version of my VPS and it's 0546-5 ... but the last update is : 0547-5 ... like the one i've already download from the site ...
also if i go offline and try to update from the file the error is the same of my previous reply ...
tnks 

Forejt

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 01:32:39 PM »
It's the same error as in another thread (problems with auto-updates v731), so try this too:
Edit setup.ini file in avast4/setup folder, add the following lines:

[BufferLog]
Enable=1
Limit=0

Run update again (it will probably fail), and send me files Setup.ini, SetupDbg.log, Setup.log and your license key (only the letters before dash separator) to my email (forejt@avast.com)