Author Topic: manual wifi activation overwritten  (Read 4033 times)

REDACTED

manual wifi activation overwritten
« on: May 18, 2015, 11:58:09 AM »
I set it up that the Internet Optimisation to use only Mobile Data. The thing that drives me nuts is when I activate wifi, after a screen lock, a cache purge or even while I use it, the wifi is disabled and the Data Mobile connection is activated, and the active connections (updates, downloads etc) are cutted off.
Nice will be that the manual activation of the connections that are not preffered in Internet Optimisation to not be disabled or a method to control that to be implemented.
My phone is on Gyonee Dream D1, Android 4.2.1.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Re: manual wifi activation overwritten
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 04:07:14 PM »
Hi Horia Alin,

we actually do that. If you enable Wifi manually, we won't disable it until the profile is switched to some other profile.

Have you tried the latest version 1.2.1057? Because in the older one (1.1.1001), we'd still respect the "synchronization period", which is in "Advanced settings" of each profile. That means that if you had set it to 15 minutes, we'd still turn the internet completely off when you turned the screen off (and turn it on periodically each 15 minutes), and then turn it back on (with Wifi, though) when the screen got back off.

What we do now is when you override the profile setting by turning Wifi on manually, we ignore the sync period setting and just keep the internet on all the time.

Ondra