Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of upcoming avast update (now 4.6.726)  (Read 90266 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of upcoming avast update (4.6.718)
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2005, 11:26:09 AM »
I can't publish a download link for the fixed driver because I promised I won't distribute it. What I can do, however, is send it to a limited amount of users for testing purposes.

However, I'm already pretty confident that it fixes the problem as I have sent it to 3 people who were always having the crash in less than an hour and with the fixed driver, their systems have been running for weeks now... :)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

joooo

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 11:43:48 AM »
That box of acknowledgment of update that it is in the bar of tasks will be brought up to date as was said previously in this link?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.210

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.225

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2005, 12:31:14 PM »
Any word on the problem with the Instant Messaging provider with Mirc?

Iso-G

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2005, 12:43:56 PM »
I can't publish a download link for the fixed driver because I promised I won't distribute it. What I can do, however, is send it to a limited amount of users for testing purposes.

OK, Vlk.

Zone Labs is an excellent company (the staffs are always in the users side), so I am counting on that they update ZoneAlarm SOON. ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 12:56:41 PM »
Zone Labs is an excellent company (the staffs are always in the users side), so I am counting on that they update ZoneAlarm SOON. ;)
I don't want to be bitter Iso, but I disagree. ZoneAlarm is a very good product, excelent. ZoneLabs support isn't that a good or, in fact, it's very bad and they're not directed devoted to users. I've tried a lot of times  :'(
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 12:58:24 PM »
That box of acknowledgment of update that it is in the bar of tasks will be brought up to date as was said previously in this link?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.210
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12640.225
Why do keep posting the same thing twice (or more often on occasion), you posted this 18 hours ago and I didn't understand it then either.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

joooo

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2005, 01:12:32 PM »
What quiz I to say it is: 
If the new update of avast will change the box of acknowledgment of update that appears in sings it of the screen, in top of the clock as he is in those links.

Iso-G

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2005, 03:11:29 PM »
I don't want to be bitter Iso, but I disagree. ZoneAlarm is a very good product, excelent. ZoneLabs support isn't that a good or, in fact, it's very bad and they're not directed devoted to users. I've tried a lot of times :'(

WOW !
Really....
I've never heard any bad info about ZA Office in Japan....

However Vlk, the program manager of ALWIL Software, has promised he doesn't distribute the improved ZA driver, so I think we shouldn't request him to distribute it.

OK, I'll put my comment ( with the link to here ) for JP users on my web. That is the users who are using avast! with ZA should send e-mail to the Zone Labs support to get the new driver if they have problems.
If ZA wouldn't distribute the improved driver, ZA may lose their confidence quickly in Japan.
But it is OK, because it is caused by ZA's decision that they don't update their product soon.

I'll open my Japanese comment on Nov. 7th.
Because Nov. 3rd is a holiday in Japan and also on Thursday.  ZA Japan may be put in trouble, if I put my comment on my web before Nov. 7th.  So, I will open my Japanese comment on my web on Monday, Nov. 7th in JST.
(I know this is "Bushi no Nasake".  I am counting on that ZA Labs updates their products before my comment, because one week may be much enough for ZA Labs to release the improved driver...)

lava1

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 07:46:04 PM »
Hi is there any word yet on Eddy's question with the problem with Instant Messaging provider with Mirc?  Will it be working right when the new release comes out or people using Mirc will they not be able to use Instant Messaging with Mirc , Pal Talk or others. I don't have beta version but I read what Eddy was saying and I was just was wondering sorry if I am being a bother to ask but I haven't seen any reply to Eddy's question yet.   I think Avast is great and it has been supported to me for almost 2 years with any problems I have.

John-

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2005, 10:43:26 PM »
ashserv crashed today while I was browsing a website,... it happened once or twice in the previous versions,....so I assume it is nothing dramatic,...no further problems so far,...the problem I experienced did not return,....

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2005, 11:07:54 PM »
Crashed? :o
Any more info? A dump file maybe (please see the avast\data\log folder for a file called <something>.dmp). Or maybe at least the Windows EventLog will have some info about the crash?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2005, 02:01:37 AM »
i'm unsure if this was problem with this new beta but hey i will write it up:

you need to have Avast last beta, standard shield on high, last emule and total commander

then ... like 5-15GB downloaded partial files in temp directory ... enter temp directory ...

warning there is very high chance ur system will freeze or crash ....

so far this is only strange thing i noticed for now ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

sedina

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2005, 10:18:18 AM »
Any word on the problem with the Instant Messaging provider with Mirc?
Hi, what problem do you exactly mean? Is it "When I use Mirc, each line I type is scanned and the IM provider is slowing down the messages I sent to a channel."? When you uncheck mIRC only in IM provider, does it help?

AvastForever

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2005, 07:13:23 AM »
Hi *,

here I'm again. An avast Home/Pro update is coming soon (my guess is in about 2 weeks) and as usual, it's my pleasure to announce the availability of a pre-release version of this update.

How to install it (for starters - most people already know this trick anyway ): simply download and run the following program: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/aswbeta.exe . That's about all it takes (provided you have the latest version of avast Home/Pro already installed, of course).

There is a number of fixes in this release and a couple of new features as well. Here's an (incomplete) list:

- aswRdr.sys: fixed a race condition that could eventually lead even to a system crash
- improvements in the executable file unpackers
- enhanced tolerancy against damaged archives
- boot-time scan now supports the "Move to chest" command
- mail scanner: fixes in IMAP handling (NTLM authentication related)
- the "Date of last scan" entry is now updated by all scanners (not only Simple UI)
- added support for CAB and LHA sfx archives
- P2P Shield: added support for BitLord, uTorrent and ABC
- boot-time scan now shows textual error strings (instead of error codes)
- WebShield: fixed parsing of HTTP requests in the case where a header is larger than 64K
- WebShield: fixes in the detection of Transfer-Encoding:chunked
- WebShield: new avast4.ini options: NoDefOptinProcess, NoDefIgnoreProcess, default=0
- WebShield: miniscule fix in the GUI
- minor fixes in the email scanner (related to Lotus Notes clients)
- GUI: most lists (e.g. areas to test, exceptions etc) now support the following keyboard shortcuts: INS = Add, DEL = Delete, F2 = Edit
- Aswrdr.sys: fixed compatibility problem with Windows Vista beta version
- fixed a problem with the boot-time scanner under Windows Vista beta
- fixed crashes of the physical memory scan under WinXP x64
- avast now does not report the "file is corrupted" messages when trying to unpack a modified, unknown or damaged version of a Winexec packer
- sched.exe now supports all params of the boot-time scanner

Any comments on this release are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks
Vlk

Im new to avast and since that a beta when the the real version comes out then i just update it by going to the update program in avast 4.6 and it will update it right?

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2005, 09:04:10 AM »
Right, but in this case that you are new in avast, I'd recommend you to stay with non beta version. I think you need to get more familiar with "stable" version of program. Of course it's up to you. It's your choise. Enjoy using avast!  ;)